Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Mixed 5x5 League Forming - 3 spots left!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mixed 5x5 League Forming - 3 spots left!

I am currently in the process of putting together a fantasy baseball league for this upcoming season. The league will be hosted by Sportsline.com here (http://hardcore.baseball.sportsline.com/) and is a redraft league.

League dues will be $55/owner which will cover the cost of the site as well as prize money. The money shall be divided among the first three teams in the final standings as follows:
    • 1st Half of the Season: First Place $100, Second Place $50, Third Place $25
    • 2nd Half of the Season: First Place $100, Second Place $50, Third Place $25
    • Overall: First Place $250, Second Place $100, Third Place $50
    There will be 15 teams in the Hardcore Baseball Invitational consisting of a mix of American and National league players. Each team will consist of 23 active players.

A team's active roster consists of the following players:
    • 2 catchers
    • 1 second baseman
    • 1 shortstop
    • 1 middle infielder (second baseman or shortstop)
    • 1 first baseman
    • 1 third baseman
    • 1 corner infielder (first or third baseman)
    • 1 utility player (non-pitcher who can be any offensive player)
    • 5 outfielders
    • 9 pitchers (any combination of starters and relievers)
    Note: Each team's pitching staff must accumulate at least 900 innings pitched over the course of the season or it will be placed in last place in the team ERA and WHIP categories. Each team's batters must accumulate a total of at least 3,950 at-bats or it will be placed in last place in Batting Average.

The Reserve List
    At the conclusion of the league draft, each team will have a total of 17 reserve slots. Owners will fill 7 of these slots during the draft, leaving 10 open spots that you can use as you see fit during the season. There are no limits to the number of Reserve/Activate moves a team can make in one season. There will be no Injured Reserve spots beyond these 17 reserve slots.

The following criteria are used to determine team performance:
    • Composite Batting Average
    • Total Runs Scored
    • Total Home Runs
    • Total Runs Batted In
    • Total Stolen Bases
    • Total Wins
    • Total Saves
    • Composite Earned Run Average
    • Composite pitching ratio of walks and hits to innings pitched (RATIO = (BB + H)/IP)
    • Composite strikeouts per 9 innings pitched
    The league draft will begin on Saturday, March 1st at 12:00 PM and continue for 30 rounds, with 120 minutes between picks. A draft robot will be enabled to make your pick for you should you not be able to make one in the allotted time.

If you are interested in joining this league, please e-mail me ASAP as there are only 3 spots left and I will be awarding franchises on a first-come, first-served basis.

Thanks,
    Mike Muro
    mario8723

I am interested.

john

jwillh9181@aol.com

Comment

2 spots left

Comment

Count me in

rule405@verizon.net
        Bert

Comment

will this be a continung league?

Comment

Gentlemen,

The Hardcore Baseball Invitational is now full. Thank you to all who showed interest.

However, I'm also starting a new 13-team NL-Only keeper league.
            • 27 players (23 starters and 4 minor leaguers).
            • Scoring will be standard 5x5.
            • Site will be hosted on Sportsline.com.
            • Dues will be $150, $50 of which will go to reserving your team for next season. This is to help ensure continuity.
            • Auction date TBD once owners start signing up.
            If you are interested in joining this league, please e-mail me ASAP as I already have some interest from owners that were not awarded a spot in the Hardcore Baseball Invitational. I will be awarding franchises on a first-come, first-served basis.

Thanks,
            Mike Muro
            mario8723

Comment

Thanks, but I prefer playing in a mixed league format. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X