Veteran Owner Looking to Join established AL or NL League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran Owner Looking to Join established AL or NL League

I've been playing rotisserie for 10+ years now, but was forced to take the last few off because of work-related constraints. Unfortunately, in the interim, my established league went the way of the dodo leaving me here with an itch to join a serious league.

To this point, I have only participated in mixed, 5X5, straight-draft leagues, but I would welcome an opportunity to join an AL or NL only auction league. I've done plenty of fantasy football auctions, just could never convince my fellow owners to do the same in our baseball league. While we had good owners, I don't feel I was ever really truly challenged, and wound up winning back-to-back championships during what would be our final two years (2nd in 2000, 1st in 2001 and 1st in 2002).

I am a serious, dedicated owner who will not wind up as just another dead team in your league. Ideally, I'd like to cap my fees at $150 since, like Latrell Sprewell, I do have a family to feed.

I live on Long Island, NY and would prefer an Internet league but will travel locally for the right league. Please e-mail me or respond to this post if you think you have an opportunity for me to take my skills to the next level.

P.S. I'm also willing to partner with other "orphaned" owners in putting together a new league and would be willing to act as Commissioner (I have done so in 90% of the leagues I've participated in thus far.)

I'm bumping this thread to see if anybody has openings out there.

As an aside, I'm also still interested in possibly starting up an AL only or NL only 5x5 keeper league with an online auction. Figure dues would be between $100 and $150 per owner. Anybody out there have interest?

Comment

Originally posted by mario8723 View Post
      I'm bumping this thread to see if anybody has openings out there.

As an aside, I'm also still interested in possibly starting up an AL only or NL only 5x5 keeper league with an online auction. Figure dues would be between $100 and $150 per owner. Anybody out there have interest?
      Mario, I have at least a couple of openings in an established Internet-based AL-only 4x4 keeper league, with dues at a very reasonable $36 (and a correspondingly lousy payout at the end, naturally). Only a couple of guys in the league use HQ, so your HQ "inside information" isn't going to be cancelled out by everyone else knowing the same thing. I am going to post an ad for owners as soon as I finish this, which will include a bit more detail; in the meantime, if you are interested, please email me at MikeRubin2@aol.com or private message me.

Comment

Mike,

It took quite some time to finally get somebody to respond to this post, lol. Since the time I originally posted this message, however, I decided I would just start my own league (http://baseballhq.com/members/forums...ad.php?t=40665).

Thank you for taking the time to respond; I hope you can find somebody to fill your spots.

Regards,
        Mike Muro
        mario8723

Comment

Working...
        X