Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quint-Inning, The Official Rules

I just read the article...

Suggestion: Why don't you start your own QuintLeague.com and allow online people to play, bet, participate. Some websites are already doing it on a per game - fantasysportslive.com comes to mind. Quint is a sound approach to gaming, and will attract a hardcore audience. You would have the added benefit of attracting additional users to BaseballHQ.com

Fantasy competitions based on single games are considered gambling and are illegal per the 2006 internet gaming act. You can play Quint-Inning offline, but we cannot offer online competitions. As for the others who do it, well, they obviously have a higher risk tolerance than I do. This is my livelihood; I cannot put it at risk.
    "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by RON@HQ View Post
      Fantasy competitions based on single games are considered gambling and are illegal per the 2006 internet gaming act. You can play Quint-Inning offline, but we cannot offer online competitions. As for the others who do it, well, they obviously have a higher risk tolerance than I do. This is my livelihood; I cannot put it at risk.
      First, a compliment to your website. Keep up the good work.

Yes, I understand your position. You have spent years building up your reputation and excellent product, and don't wish to operate against the law. That being said, you are in business. Morphing the Quint game into a two or three day affair will put it within the boundaries of the law. It *would* raise the popularity of your site and the fine information contained herein.

Why don't you consider opening a forum for marketing suggestions? It seems to me that your user base have been with you awhile and are your best asset - a loyal following. Suggestions like the Quint game and related suggestions can be openly debated for the benefit of all.

Food for thought ...

Comment

If I were Ron, I would definitely not want to be the one testing the grey boundaries of the law.

Comment

Working...
        X