Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking to join AL-only or NL-only league

Meh.
    Last edited by JVR; 12-19-2007, 09:23 AM.
    RIP Paco de Lucia.

What, no 12-team mixed Yahoo with daily trannies?
    "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

Never heard of it.

Plus I hate NASCAR, hockey and bowling.
      RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

JVR...where are you? Have an NL opening in Tampa area (live auction).

Comment

Siesta -- thanks for the offer. I'm not in Tampa although I'd love to move there.
          I'm in Canada.
          RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

If you are interested in online auction leagues, either AL or NL, go to mocksports.com. Click on seeking new baseball owners, and you will see what was said last year tp prospective new owners and what the deadlines were. Teams are always available in AL or NL 5x5 formats around March 1st. If you notify the person in charge before March 1, preference would probably be given to someone who has not been in a mocksports league. This will be the 21st year of the mocksports baseball leagues. For various reasons, they bring a greater sense of community than any other on line leagues of which I am aware.

Comment

Steve, thanks very much for the suggestion. I'll look into it. My only reticence with online auction leagues is the amount of time spent in front of a screen drafting. I'm sure that if it were an auction in person, I'd enjoy it so much that I wouldn't notice time going by. I'd be curious to know the average time required to complete an auction draft online.
              RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Our 12 team league holds an online auction every spring and it usually takes about 90 minutes to complete. I'm so busy checking off who has gone and tracking the changes in player values that it's over before I know it.

As a fellow Canuck living in sub-zero temperatures (Celsius) and a foot of snow on the ground, I'd love to be in Tampa right now.
                Teams
                1. Terra Nova Terriers - 12 team mixed league, 5v5, $260 Cap, 9H, 9P, 7R & 25 MiLB - 2008 Champion
                2. Rocky's Bullwinkles, CrashTest Dummies - 2 NL only Mendoza League teams
                3. Desperate Measures - an AL only Mendoza Leagues team - 2012 Champion
                4. Hard Times - 24 team Dynasty League, H2H points scoring
                5. St. John's GobSmackers - 16 team H2H points auction League ($430 cap) - 2012 Champion
                6. Sundry other teams too numerous to mention

'The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.' - Herbert Spencer

Comment

90 minutes is not so bad, PR. That's the equivalent of what ... preliminary cross-winds as a 15-hour storm builds up.

This year has been atrocious -- mountains of snow everywhere, the city crews only clean up 10 days later, the streets are not properly ploughed, over 2 hours to get to work.

Gotta find a way to relocate to Tampa, no question.
                  RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Since most of the teams in our league retain up to 1/2 their players, a full auction for all players would undoubtably run ssomewhat longer. Seems to speed up quite a bit at the end as the amount of money and calibre of player declines.
                    Teams
                    1. Terra Nova Terriers - 12 team mixed league, 5v5, $260 Cap, 9H, 9P, 7R & 25 MiLB - 2008 Champion
                    5. St. John's GobSmackers - 16 team H2H points auction League ($430 cap) - 2012 Champion

'The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.' - Herbert Spencer

Comment

I was part of a start-up auction league once, and our initial draft took over 12 hours to complete. I'd rather join an established league for an obvious reason -- if I can land a team in a keeper format, then the remaining player pool won't be as deep and the draft process will take that much less time to get through.
                      RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Where in Canada?
                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                        'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

The mocksports leagues are keeper leagues (you must keep 7 players; you may not keep more than 15). They typically last from 3-4 hours unless something horrible goes wrong, e.g., serious site failures. Actually the first 7 rounds are auction. After that, there is a procedure to speed things up with rounds having the prices set by the league administrator and declining in each subsequent round. Some can not bid in the first couple of those rounds (not enough money left). Others can bid, but pass, waiting until the prices get lower.
                          Last edited by Steve S; 12-20-2007, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DAVITT@HQ View Post
                            Where in Canada?
                            Home of the Spos. RIP.
                            RIP Paco de Lucia.

Comment

Originally posted by JVR View Post
                              Home of the Spos. RIP.
                              Lived there for 8 years in the 60's. Great town.

Live on the Rock now.
                              Teams

Comment

Working...
                              X