Question on Custom draft grid!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Custom draft grid!!

Im in a mixed league straight draft.... what dollar amount do I select being we dnt use dollar amount???? Do I leave it blank?? Thanks in advance Joe

Since straight drafts don't use dollar values the best thing to do is leave it at the standard $260. It is the only way you have of compiling all your stat categories into a single value for comparison purposes. These values won't be straight draft values but they will give you an idea of how players compare to each other.

Comment

Bat/Pitch split

Using the $260 value for the mixed stright draft, which of the bat/pitch splits that you can choose from would yield the "most accurate" valuations?
      Thanks Jeff
      Head Stooge

Comment

Bat/Pitch split

Using the $260 value for the mixed stright draft, which of the bat/pitch splits that you can choose from would yield the "most accurate" valuations?
        Thanks Jeff
        Head Stooge

Comment

Re: Bat/Pitch split

Originally posted by grseverson
          Thanks Jeff
          I believe that you load in the approximate split that you want to target for your own team.

Does anyone know if the number of hitters and pitchers that you need to enter are for "starters" or "total rostered players"?? I assume that its total rostered players, but I want to confirm.

Comment

couple of questions. First, I don't know the number of players to input. We have 10 hitters and 10 pitchers, but also 7 reserves either. We used our $325 to bid on everyone. Most reserves are $1 to $2 players but you could bid anything for these players. Should I use 27 or 20 and lower the budget by $7-$15?

Second, is the hitter/pitcher splits, MY SPLITS or the league average. Thanks and good product so far.

Comment

Why do "splits" effect values???

I have always used the hitting/pitching splits for my own budgeting purposes. Can anyone explain how my own budget allocation ends up impacting the valuations??

For example if I change my target allocation to $190 hitting/$70 pitching (which is basically how I would allocate draft dollars) it will dramatically lower the top pitcher values from ~ $30 (14 team mixed 5x5) to close to $20. This doesn't make sense to me as Prior/Pedro still should produce $30 of value in this format and just because I choose to go "cheap" with my pitching doesn't compute with Pedro and Prior's intrinsic value decreasing to $21. Can someone please explain the logic?? Thanks

p.s. I like the tool!!

Comment

Working...
              X