Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit area HQers, who wants to gather for a Tigers game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit area HQers, who wants to gather for a Tigers game?

Per my note in the thread on Ron's article about online isolation and talking to people in person, I thought it would be fun to see if we could gather up some of the Detroit area HQers and put together an expedition to a Tiger game this Summer.

Drop a note on this thread or PM me if you're interested. Once we know who'd be interested, we can figure out a date. And once we have a date, I'll get the tickets and make sure they're left at "will call" for everybody.

So, let me know if you're interested and we'll get the ball rolling.
    2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

PB: I know I don't usually look in this forum - did this time because saw your name - because I think of it only for league openings and I don't need one (especially in mid April).

Is this the best place for this post?
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
    Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus_ls View Post
      Is this the best place for this post?
      Yup, "Unclassified Ads" looks like the place to me. If it lingers unanswered, I may give it a bump or add another thread in the Clubhouse.

Heck, you found it, didn't you?
      2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
        Heck, you found it, didn't you?
        Um, 3410 posts, 5.42 per day! Most people are not me.....much to the satisfaction of their loving relatives.
        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
        Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus_ls View Post
          Most people are not me.....much to the satisfaction of their loving relatives.
          Trust me, the relatives aren't the only ones satisfied about that!

Dang, the original was such a nice, well-intentioned post. Once again, all threads lead back to the Forum Masters trash-talking thread.
          Last edited by Patioboater; 05-03-2007, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Just giving this another bump. We've gathered up a few potential attendees already and I'll probably survey folks about a date in the next week or so.

Comment

Hey, Patioboater, any progress at selecting a date? Make sure you include me when you survey folks regarding a possible date for a ballgame at Comerica Park.

I don't mean to nag too much; mostly just bumping the thread so that others contact you by private message or by posting here.
              "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Hey, Patioboater, any progress at selecting a date? Make sure you include me when you survey folks regarding a possible date for a ballgame at Comerica Park.

I don't mean to nag too much; mostly just bumping the thread so that others contact you by private message or by posting here.
                Lagging a bit because I've been travelling, but I'll send along a first cut today or tomorrow to the folks who have PMed me, so that we can see if there's something that works for all of us. Then I'll put that date out there to see if anybody else wants to join in.

Comment

I won't go to a game in Comerica Facility for reasons I won't bore you all with. But if there's a plan for a get-together before or after the game, count me in. Please keep me on the e-mail list.

--Alex Bensky
                  Beloved Owner, Wily General Manager, Shrewd Director of Player
                  Development
                  Bensky Snarks-Michigan Baseball Confederacy
                  Chiefsnark

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefsnark View Post
                    I won't go to a game in Comerica Facility for reasons I won't bore you all with. But if there's a plan for a get-together before or after the game, count me in. Please keep me on the e-mail list.

--Alex Bensky
                    Beloved Owner, Wily General Manager, Shrewd Director of Player
                    Development
                    Bensky Snarks-Michigan Baseball Confederacy
                    No plan yet, but we're going to aim at a 1 pm Sunday game. So, perhaps we can move the shindig over to the Elmwood Grill (or some other location) afterwards.

And if it's really just Comerica per se that you object to, perhaps you could whip up an expedition to catch the Toledo Mudhens. I suspect that might draw a few Detroiters.

Comment

Okay, I've picked a date: Sunday, July 8 v. Boston, 1 pm. We slid out of June, but there was a lot to recommend it: weekends were better for most folks, the weather should be good, and Boston should be a fun team to watch.

Since the other HQ at the Ballpark threads are in the Clubhouse, I'm going to move the discussion there, for consistency's sake: Detroit HQ at the Ballpark date is set: Sunday, July 8 v. Boston, 1 pm.

Comment

Last day to order up. It should be an excellent matchup and I guarantee* a fine, sunny afternoon!

Boston (31-15) - 1st place in the AL East
                        Detroit (28-17) - 1st place in the AL Central

*This guarantee not to be taken as an implied or actual warrantee of future weather conditions. Past sunny afternoons are no indicator of future sunny afternoons and may just be an indicator that we will all die in a flaming ball of global warming. Bring both your sunblock and an umbrella just in case. This warrantee is void in coastal areas of the Pacific Northwest. The Weather Channel takes no responsibility for the words, opinions, or flat-out lies of Patioboater. Check with Chuck Gaidaca for more long-range forecast details.

Comment

Working...
                        X