High Stakes AL league 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Stakes AL league 2008

$1000/head.. ultra competitive new league forming. AL only , saber categories, auction draft, 5 man farm system. Plenty of open spots available. Building the list early. email me at ilove@driehaus.com if interested.

where would the auction be? I am in a couple $1k+leagues and wouldn't mind 1 more.

Comment

Further details on this high stakes AL league

auction is on line :fantasyauctioneer.com
      $1000/head
      Categories
      OBP,SLUG, Runs produced, K/AB and net steals

Quality starts, Onbase allowed, ERA, K/9, 2*saves+holds -blown saves

I run a league identical to this now thats NL only. The point of the league is to give every stat category context. Steals mean nothing until you gauge them against caught stealing. same for saves...and a 'win' is a silly stat that has more to do with run support and bullpen than the starter's actual performance so quality starts gives a more accurate gauge of value add...and so on, etc.

Top notch, active owners ONLY... guys that want to check in once a week on their lineup/trade offers need not apply--its a daily transaction league

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer Bell View Post
        Quality starts, Onbase allowed, ERA, K/9, 2*saves+holds -blown saves
        Doesn't this make quality relievers really valuable and reduce starters to basically one category players? Sort of reverses the relative values of starters and relievers from a traditional 5x5?

Comment

it makes the best pitchers valuable..and the weak pitchers not valuable... that is the point of the league... reward skill, not role

Comment

I could draft only relievers, and do very well in the pitching categories. All I have to do is blow off one category, Quality Starts (perfectly viable in a ten-category format), and the rest is covered.

Comment

nope we have a 1000 IP minimum in place. so you are forced to use starters

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer Bell View Post
                nope we have a 1000 IP minimum in place. so you are forced to use starters
                Ah, I was wondering about that. Makes much more sense now.

Comment

Working...
                X