Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New High Stakes Keeper League Forming

MAKE SURE YOU READ MY FINAL POST IN THIS THREAD FOR REVISIONS:

I really want to get this league started. It will be a keeper league (3 yrs) made to reward the best fantasy owner in both worlds, the auction and the snake draft. There are two different leagues forming the entirity. There is an AL only portion and an NL only portion. The AL will be formed via snake draft, the NL via standard auction rules. Both leagues are 5x5 roto with FAAB. The winner of the world series is the one with the most combined points from both leagues. The WS runner up and both league champs and runners up will also be paid out. I would like to get 12 teams in the league. I have not decided on what site to set the league up on yet, although I'm familar with and would like to use sportsline. I also have not set a dollar amount for entry fees, although I would like for it to be at least $300 per team, with a preference for it to be $500-$1000. Draft dates are also not yet set, as I would like to leave that open to the league to decide with such high stakes. If you are interested or know someone who would be interested, please contact me at typarsons_24@hotmail.com for a copy of the constitution.

Thanks,

Ty
    Last edited by PTP; 03-22-2007, 12:07 PM.

Sounds like a fun idea...

But at this point, you'll probably have much better luck if you shoot for 2008 as a starting point.
    Let every child available for adoption become eligible for adoption..

Comment

Steve, I agree it is more realistic to shoot for 2008, but I would like to do it this yr, so that's what I'm gunning for. If I can't find enough owners, then I will postpone til next yr. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Steve was right. I haven't been able to find any takers, so I'm going to plan on getting this going in 2008. Shoot me an email or PM me here if you are interested. I'm looking at starting a similar league w/ a $100-$200 entry fee this yr. as a sort fo "beta test" for next yr's. high stakes league. If you are interested in joining the high stakes or the league this yr. please let me know. I'm wanting to get 12 for this yr's. league, but will run with 10 if I have to. My email is typarsons_24@hotmail.com (That is an underscore "_" between the s and the 2)

Comment

How about trying to get 14-16 teams for a mixed 5X5 snake draft or 12 teams for AL or NL only by next Friday or Saturday? The deeper league is the way to go - 12 teams in a mixed league isn't enough IMO. If you'd do either of those, I'd be interested in the $100-$200 league.

Paul

Comment

pgranholm,

Thanks for the interest pal. I think you misunderstood the league. It is basically comprised of two different leagues, an AL only league (snake draft) and NL only league (auction draft). The person with the most combined points is the world series champ. Let me know if interested.

Ty

Comment

Still looking for at least 5 more people. Please email me or shoot me a PM if interested.

Comment

Just Asking

Originally posted by PTP View Post
                MAKE SURE YOU READ MY FINAL POST IN THIS THREAD FOR REVISIONS:

I really want to get this league started. It will be a keeper league (3 yrs) made to reward the best fantasy owner in both worlds, the auction and the snake draft. There are two different leagues forming the entirity. There is an AL only portion and an NL only portion. The AL will be formed via snake draft, the NL via standard auction rules. Both leagues are 5x5 roto with FAAB. The winner of the world series is the one with the most combined points from both leagues. The WS runner up and both league champs and runners up will also be paid out. I would like to get 12 teams in the league. I have not decided on what site to set the league up on yet, although I'm familar with and would like to use sportsline. I also have not set a dollar amount for entry fees, although I would like for it to be at least $300 per team, with a preference for it to be $500-$1000. Draft dates are also not yet set, as I would like to leave that open to the league to decide with such high stakes. If you are interested or know someone who would be interested, please contact me at typarsons_24@hotmail.com for a copy of the constitution.

Thanks,

Ty
                Ty,

Please forgive the bluntness of my question, for I feel it needs to be asked/answered, and I would assume/hope that it crossed everyone's mind who read your initial post:

"Why would anyone be expected to become involved in such a "high stakes" set-up, when they do not know you, probably live a great distance from you, have no idea of your trustworthiness," ................. you get the picture. Tomorrow morning I will be collecting $ 2,700 from twelve owners including myself, my son and lifelong best friend) for the twentieth time. They know me and trust me as someone who will do the right thing by them come season-end.

This is in no way a questioning of you as a person as I do not have a basis for doing so. I just think that your venture is perhaps best served among family/friends, locally-based interested parties, and I wish you luck in getting it off the ground. Regards,
                "Specious apologist" for everything Yankees and newly-elected Hall of Famer, five-time World Champion, five-time Gold Glove Award winner, and captain of the Bronx Bombers for twelve seasons - # 2, the great Derek "Just Enough" Jeter

___________ "Maybe it was a computer glitch." - Derek Jeter, upon learning that he had won a Gold Glove ____________

Founder/Commissioner, "Lou Piniella League" est'd 1988 & "LPL 2.0" est'd 2020
                Snake, Mixed, Keeper, 34-man Rosters (15H, 11P, 8 Reserves)
                Owner, DIAMOND CUTTERS - 10X Champions (1988-'89, 1992,'95, 2000-'01-'02, 2013,'15,'18)

Comment

Rich,

That is a very fair question. I asked that question myself when I entered my first "high stakes" league. As with anything over the internet, it's just a chance you have to take, I guess. I know that's not a very good answer, but you take the chance that what you are buying/doing is not legit any time you do business over the net. It's the technology age. I would give every owner my address and home phone number. I would be willing to talk to anyone over the phone before payment is received to answer any of their questions. I am not a thief and never will be a thief. I work in the public accounting industry, so assurance is what I do. This is not a new thing, I know that friends and family are probably the best way to go, but when you don't have enough friends and family to fill a league of this magnitude, then you go to the internet. Isn't that what is great about the internet? It brings people together from all over the world that share common interests and have similar passions. LIke I said, it's a very good question and one that is very hard to answer. People do business every day over the internet and have to wonder about it. Doing this is no different. If you have further questions, feel free to shoot. I'm not hiding anything. I just heard this was a great place to find people that are passionate about the same things I am passionate about.

Ty

Comment

Working...
                  X