Too many pitchers listed in HQValuator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many pitchers listed in HQValuator

New to this forum, so I apologize if this is already being addressed, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I set this up for 8 teams, NL only, $260 total, with 0 bench players.
    9 P, 5 OF, 1 C, 1 1B, 1 2B, 1 SS, 1 3B, 1 MI, 1 CI, 5 OF, 1 Util - the other options don't matter, although I was doing balanced and force positions.

Runs, HR, RBI, SB, and OPS

Wins, K, ERA, WHIP, and Saves

I get a list of 104 position players with value, which is correct. However, it lists 129 pitchers with $1 or more. It should only have 72. B/C of this, the total value comes to about $273 per team instead of $260 as well.

Did you have the 'fractional dollar values' option turned on? Could be that some of those last $1 guys were rounded up from being cents-only guys. Not saying this is correct, you should only get the # of positive-value pitchers to match your league format. But if you turn on fractional option, the overvaluation may be somewhat less than $13 per team. Just something to try while waiting for the techies to check into this.

Comment

See here.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
        Did you have the 'fractional dollar values' option turned on? Could be that some of those last $1 guys were rounded up from being cents-only guys. Not saying this is correct, you should only get the # of positive-value pitchers to match your league format. But if you turn on fractional option, the overvaluation may be somewhat less than $13 per team. Just something to try while waiting for the techies to check into this.
        No, it's bigger than that. I ran a CDV for an 11 team league and the valuator came back with approx. 130 pitchers (rather than 99) with positive value. The 99th pitcher was valued at $3.
        Let every child available for adoption become eligible for adoption..

Comment

I'll confirm. I've had the same excessive pitcher results even though I never use 'fractional dollar values.' I haven't done it in that last week or so, but it was happening before that. I posted a question about this, but it was not answered.
          MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
            I'll confirm. I've had the same excessive pitcher results even though I never use 'fractional dollar values.' I haven't done it in that last week or so, but it was happening before that. I posted a question about this, but it was not answered.
            See timg's link. This will be addressed soon.
            While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
            --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It doesn't matter if I use fractional dollar values or not. Thanks for your link, timg - hopefully this will be addressed soon. Thanks.

Comment

The updates are up and this type of behavior has been addressed.

The problem is with force positions, which generally causes the last players that get shifted into the drafted players section to wind up with a value very close to replacement level. When we round to full dollars or even to cents, some of these players can wind up back exactly at replacement level. The behavior is much better now, but can come up a player or two short still. Should you find it short by a player, the missing player will be the top player on the replacement value and below list. But we're literally splitting pennies here and they're all really interchangeable and should be distinguished on characteristics outside their dollar value.

Let me know if you have qustions
                While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, Rob...

While I was one of the people pointing out the original issue, it really didn't faze me since as you stated, most of the $2-$1-$0 pitchers are essentially interchangeable. It's more a matter of choosing your own filter(s) (Dom? Opportunity? Cmd? ) etc. and targeting a few names from a large list.

Thanks again for responding, though.
                  Let every child available for adoption become eligible for adoption..

Comment

FWIW, as of this morning, force positions should always select the correct number of players.
                    --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Rob - it is working great, now.

Comment

Working...
                      X