No announcement yet.

Another Custom Draft Guide question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Custom Draft Guide question....

As a new subscriber, I'm very much enjoying the site so far and feel that I'm getting some very good info from many of the site features and articles.

I participate in a 12-team mixed 5x5 league which uses 10-P, 5-OF, 2-C, 2-1B, 2-2B, 2-SS, and 2-3B. In this league, DH's qualify at either the 1B or OF spots. Each team is required to keep anywhere from 8 to 30 players on its bench at all times. Our draft is a snake draft. (BTW, we use all of the traditional 5x5 categories.)

Since subscribing, I have been experimenting with the Custom Draft Guide generator, attempting to tweak the settings to best emulate my own league and my own purposes for my upcoming draft.

Here's my question... near the bottom of the main "Custom Draft Guide" page (in the FAQ) it states:

What if I am in a straight draft league?
    You have two choices. Optimally, you should follow the directions in our straight draft guide (scheduled for February 28, under "TUE: Research"), and use those lists as your base

I have had no luck finding this article so far. Can anyone help me find my way to this information? Any additional pointers or tips on using the Custom Draft Guide generator for this type of league that any of the site experts (or other users in leagues similar to mine) might be willing to offer would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Originally posted by JB_Yardwork View Post
    Since subscribing, I have been experimenting with the Custom Draft Guide generator, attempting to tweak the settings to best emulate my own league and my own purposes for my upcoming draft.

Here's my question... near the bottom of the main "Custom Draft Guide" page (in the FAQ) it states:

What if I am in a straight draft league?
    You have two choices. Optimally, you should follow the directions in our straight draft guide (scheduled for February 28, under "TUE: Research"), and use those lists as your base

I have had no luck finding this article so far. Can anyone help me find my way to this information? Any additional pointers or tips on using the Custom Draft Guide generator for this type of league that any of the site experts (or other users in leagues similar to mine) might be willing to offer would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Jim
    Sorry, that should have read something else. Anyway, here is the article and here is the guide. I'm not much of a straight drafter but the info in the FAQ after the sentence you quoted above offers further guidance.
    If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
    -Bill Lyon

Comment

P.S. Welcome!
      If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
      -Bill Lyon

Comment

Working...
      X