Editing Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Positions

I'm using the RotoLab software with BBHQ projections.

I'm preparing for a Yahoo H2H league. The problem is that Yahoo lists certain players as having different position eligibilities than BBHQ. For instance in Yahoo, Troy Glaus is eligible for 3B and SS, whereas in BBHQ he is only SS eligible. Unless I can edit Glaus' position (and several other players) to accurately reflect the league environment I'm playing in, I'm not going to have an accurate reflection of best value at each position on my draft grid.

Can someone please tell me how to rectify this? I would hate to think I just blew $50 on this software when it can't help me in my draft (the only reason I bought it). Thanks!

Steve

First off, if you want to edit a specific player's position, go to the Editor page, click the 'All positions' filter, then find the player you want, put the cursor in the position field, hit enter and change it. Or do the same thing with 'XPOS' field to add a new position.

If you know what Yahoo's positional qualification is (i.e. 1 game) you can go to the Settings page, Positions tab, and change the number of games it takes to qualify a player to play a position. Then hit 'requalify' and all the changes are made for you.

Standard disclaimer: forum posters have some good Rotolab knowledge here, but this is NOT an HQ product. Your best bet for issues is still to send email to 'info@rotolab.com'.

Comment

This does not work for POS. It works for any of the projected stats. Would also like to know how to do this so I can list Kouzmanoff at 3B in my NL-only league.
      "A republic if you can keep it."

Comment

POS works for pitchers if you want to change from Sp, MR, CL. For hitters, use XPOS. I already fixed Kouz, works fine.

Comment

Thanks Ray.
          "A republic if you can keep it."

Comment

Does anyone know what criteria that Yahoo uses for Position eligibility. They aren't using the the standard 20 games obviously, but certainly it is not subjective, right? Also, if you are readigng this, then you should not be paying more than $39 for the program.

-Merv

Comment

Thanks Ray! You're a lifesaver.

Also how do I adjust players' positions on my draft grid?

What if I want to bump up Carlos Lee higher than his BBHQ prediction?

I'm playing H2H, so I need to tweak the standard rotisserie predictions that come with the software. Thanks!

Steve

Comment

You can change individual projections in the 'Editor' page. For instance, you can bump Lee's HR total from 29 to 39, and when you do that his R$ changes on the fly.

If you do change projections, just make sure to set him to 'no update' on the BHQ import page, so your changes aren't overwritten next time you update everyone else.

Not sure what you mean about positions on draft grids, though...

Comment

Thanks. I mean the big draft cheatsheet. I wish there was a way I could just bump him up in rank or $ value rather than fiddle with his HR's etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pate View Post
                    Does anyone know what criteria that Yahoo uses for Position eligibility. They aren't using the the standard 20 games obviously, but certainly it is not subjective, right? -Merv
                    At the beginning of the Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball season, Yahoo! Sports placed all players into positions based in part on information from official rosters, but focusing mainly on past performance. Some players appear in multiple position lists and are eligible to fill any of those positions.

A player's position eligibility will not be adjusted prior to the beginning of the season. (If a player in spring training is playing "new" position, that position will not appear until a player has met the criteria for a change.)
                    Yahoo doesn't disclose the specifics, and it can be annoying as heck sometimes for those that traverse the Yahoo universe. I guess it's part of their "secret recipe" of ingredients. Especially troublesome on rookies with a few DH appearances in prior Sept.

In-season eligibility is 5 games started or 10 games appeared at a new position.
                    "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

Originally posted by stevusmagnus View Post
                      Thanks. I mean the big draft cheatsheet. I wish there was a way I could just bump him up in rank or $ value rather than fiddle with his HR's etc.
                      You can work with the User Value fields to do this, downside there is that you need to set a user value for everyone for it to have any meaning. That gets time-consuming, but potentially a big payoff to you if there are a lot of guys you want to bump around.

Alternatively, use the color-coded flags... if you've got a couple of guys in the same dollar value range but have one flagged as 'Breakout' or 'Bid up', etc., I find that to be very helpful during the actual draft.

Comment

I have drag-and-drop ranking in my football program, but it is not in RotoLab yet. A lot of problems still have to be worked out with the Multiple position eligibility that exists in baseball.

-Merv

Comment

<<<<<<
                          Yahoo doesn't disclose the specifics, and it can be annoying as heck sometimes for those that traverse the Yahoo universe. I guess it's part of their "secret recipe" of ingredients. Especially troublesome on rookies with a few DH appearances in prior Sept.
                          >>>>>>
                          I can always put in a Yahoo Position field in the database next season, if this information is something I can get before release time. Does anyone that plays Yahoo Fantasy baseball know when it is posted and where the list is (sorry for the ignorance on this subject, I don't play the public leagues).

-Merv

Comment

Answer from RotoLab

Answer from Roto Lab...

You can change the projections and that will modify the value (which will change the order). Or you can use one of the custom user fields and put in your own values which will create a custom order. There is Tool on the Tools menu to copy all values from the value field to a user value field if you want that as a starting point. And you have to select the User field as your value system.

in my football pgroam, I have drag-and-drop ranking, but it is not in baseball yet because of the multiple position eligibility in baseball. Still working out some details before I can put it in.

Comment

But why would you want to do this? His R$ is based on the stats he is producing. If you think he is worth more, then you obviously think his projected stats are too low.
                              If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
                              -Bill Lyon

Comment

Working...
                              X