Unique, Realistic Dynasty League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique, Realistic Dynasty League

You can browse available teams at http://mendozabaseball.com/paypal-signup.asp. Here's one team that's available. Looking for one owner for a 13-team, NL-only league at http://www.mendozabaseball.com. The Bill "Inspector" Caudill League is now entering its 8th year. The team is in pretty good shape with a few starters coming back and some decent prospects. You can see the roster here: http://www.mendozabaseball.com/franc...210&leagueID=2.

Mendoza is a sabermetric, dynasty format that is designed to emulate the economics, strategies and transaction rules of MLB as closely as possible, warts and all. The scoring is based on an intricate but intuitive system where player values are calibrated to be similar to advanced metrics like Value Over Replacement Player. Mendoza has everything you would want in a challenging fantasy format, including:

* E-Bay style free agent auctions
    * 40-man major league rosters and 20-man minor league rosters
    * Reserve clause and arbitration simulator
    * Multi-year contracts
    * A waiver system
    * Designate relievers as closers (high leverage), setup, or long relief (low leverage)
    * A full-blown economic model with revenue sharing
    * Very deep leagues with dedicated owners that stick around for the whole year (and beyond)

Now entering its ninth year, Mendoza Baseball is a hobbyist site run by volunteers dedicated to developing the most realistic Major League Baseball franchise ownership game possible. If you've been successful at traditional fantasy games and are looking for a new challenge, this could be the game for you.
    While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
    --Sherlock Holmes

I'm very surprised that this got no replies. (Until now.)

This looks like a great concept, and I'm already trying to line up some fellow owners with a sabermetric bent to join/create a Mendoza league.

Hats off to the founders for coming up with a very original and intriguing twist on the standard Rotisserie league.....

Comment

Also check out the Estalella league. That's the one I play in and we just got an opening.
      While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
      --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

What is the Estrella league and what are the rules?

Comment

Mendoza baseball is a site that hosts many leagues. My initial post was for their Caudill league. Estalella is the Mendoza league I play in. I singled out my league because we're not listed on the available franchises page yet (and because I want a full league ). You can use the links in the initial post to see the rules and more.
          --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Mendoza Baseball

Originally posted by RobR@HQ View Post
            Mendoza baseball is a site that hosts many leagues. My initial post was for their Caudill league. Estalella is the Mendoza league I play in. I singled out my league because we're not listed on the available franchises page yet (and because I want a full league ). You can use the links in the initial post to see the rules and more.
            Are there openings in this league? If so, where do I find specifics?

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X