Broken Team needs TLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Team needs TLC

Anyone interested in a real project? If you think you are up to a challenge, I have an opening in a mixed league 16 team, H2H league and the team desperately needs a good owner to guide it.
    The unfortunate part of this, is the owner went belly up as we are 2/3 of the way through the draft. It's going to be a long, tough season this year, which is why I am posting here - I know HQ guys are the best.

We use a keeper system allowing teams to keep 5 - 10 players. Fewer keepers means earlier drafting.

We use 8 hitting and 8 pitching categories each week -
    BA, HR, RBI, Runs, SB, TB, BB+HBP and Fldg. %
    Wins, ERA, WHIP, Ks, IP, QS, Hld, Sv.

Lineups are C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, DH, 5 SP, 4 RP.
    We have 25 man rosters and 10 man farm teams.
    Up to all 10 farm players can be kept.
    Eligibility for Farm teams is 450 or fewer AB for hitters, 175 IP for Starters and 75 IP for relievers.
    Once eligibility is lost, it can never be recovered - this is also known as the Jon Papelbon/Brandon McCarthy rule.

If interested, PM me and I will give you the relevant information.

So 27 views and not one taker? Come on guys! I am counting on the HQ community to show me that we are good enough to take on an impossible situation and come out ahead!

If it makes it any easier, this is not a league for a prize pot, just pride. League fee is only $10 and that goes to pay for the CBS web service.

Comment

Maybe you might get some interest if you mentioned which players are on the roster.
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Originally posted by DAVITT@HQ View Post
        Maybe you might get some interest if you mentioned which players are on the roster.
        Actually, that is what I am afraid of!

If anyone is intersted, the roster is as follows:

C Posada
        1B - Shea Hillenbrand, Ryan Shealy
        2B - Tad Iguchi
        SS - Jason Bartlett
        3B - Freddy Sanchez, Pedro Feliz
        OF - David Dejesus, Eric Byrnes, Ken Griffey, Ryan Freel, Jose Guillen

SP - Javier Vazquez, David Bush, Jon Garland, Jake Westbrook, Kenny Rogers, Carl Pavano
        RP - K Rod, JJ Putz, Chad Cordero, Mike Gonzalez, Sean Tracy

Minor Leaguers
        1B - Lars Anderson
        OF - Wladimir Balentien, Brandon Moss
        P - Phil Humber
        P - Jonathan Sanchez
        P - James Shields
        P - Anthony LeRew
        P - Dustin Mosley
        P - Jordan Tata
        P - Joe Saunders

Comment

Let me preface this by pointing out that I just don't have time to take on another team, so please don't ask. That said, I would point out to anyone contemplating this team that while there ain't much on offense, you can only keep 5-10 total and there are some very, very nice pitchers to keep. Get your offense at the draft.

On the other hand, did I read right that the draft is 2/3 over for this year and that the offense shown is the offense you will be forced to use for 2007? If so, yup, it's gonna be a long, long year. But hey, I'm telling you there are some good names to rebuild around. If I had the time, I could take this team over and be in the running by next year. I just don't have the time.

But someone who does, absolutely grab this team and go into it knowing you are going to rebuild and make it a fun, year-long project. I did it one year and it was a blast having no pressure on myself. I made some amazing trades. Go for it!
          MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Working...
          X