Ryan Dempster's value at $0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Dempster's value at $0

When using the "Custom Draft" feature, Ryan Dempster's value is listed at $0.

It shows the projections for him with 24 SVs, but he is below Weathers for the love of God!

You need to tell us what parameters you used. Dempster clearly has no value in a 10-team mixed league, for instance.
    "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

If you look at both Weathers and Dempster's Playerlink pages, you'll see that Weathers should be ranked higher: both projected for 21 saves, Weathers with better ERA/WHIP, Dempster with more K's.

As Ron said, the $0 valuation will depend on your parameters. But relatively speaking, being ranked below Weathers is accurate.

Comment

Parameters were entered as such:

5X5 NL only
        13 teams
        $260 Sal
        65/35
        23 Players

Dempster is listed at ZERO.

Some other oddities:

When I use the "grid" feature, C. Young (P) is listed twice in the same cell at$15.

Isringhausen was listed at $12 in a 13 team league, and I ran a 12 Team league with same parameters and Izzy came up at $0.

So there are some gliches I think.
        Last edited by teddyballgame; 02-05-2007, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure either way about Dempster in this case, but I will forward to the tech team. I noticed the CYoung thing too, I will forward that to them as well.

On the Izzy thing, you need to be careful when running the tool multiple times: don't use the back button in your browser, use the 'return to input form' link at the top of the results. And make sure you double-check your settings when re-submitting, the default seems to go back to a mixed league. That could explain what happened with Izzy.

Comment

The "Izzy" problem still exists with the same above settings.

Thanks for your attention to these gliches.

Comment

Update: techies said they'd check this out this week.

Comment

Just a quick FYI, Still the same probs with the CV as of this Friday's update.

Comment

Yes, I'm the techie Ray's referring to and I'll be checking out this particular item over the weekend.
                  While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                  --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

seattle pitchers

in custom draft guides, all of the seattle pitchers are showing up in the hitters list on the dollar value cheat sheet.

Comment

CYoung and SEA pitchers issues should be cleared up. More to come.
                      While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                      --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The Dempster/Weathers/Izzy issue is corrected. Thanks for your patience.
                        --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                        X