No announcement yet.

Question about RotoLab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merv, perhaps you should record and transcribe your calls with Tom. That can be your Help feature.

Comment

Originally posted by pate View Post
      Tom, I'm checking on the cost of a private line for you, will get back to you....

-Merv
      RotoLab
      Too late, I've taken matters into my own hands. Check out the newly installed "Merv Signal" which works along the same lines as the Bat Signal.
      What's the rumpus?

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
        Merv, perhaps you should record and transcribe your calls with Tom. That can be your Help feature.
        I don't think it would be of much help. They usually just consist of me whimpering and babbling incoherently.

Kind of like my posts here...
        What's the rumpus?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Tom View Post
          I don't think it would be of much help. They usually just consist of me whimpering and babbling incoherently.

Kind of like my posts here...
          Well then, perhaps we can superimpose the recordings of these sessions over a favorite movie of yours and play them on YouTube. Instead of a spaghetti western we can have spaghetti help sessions.

Comment

What are the chances of getting a RotoLab forum? It would make it a lot easier to find answers, share tips etc ....
            11 Team AL only 5x5 Keeper League
            12 Hitters 10 Pitchers (Holds+Saves)

11 Team NL only 5x5 Keeper League

Comment

Originally posted by Kstan View Post
              What are the chances of getting a RotoLab forum? It would make it a lot easier to find answers, share tips etc ....
              At first I thought this was unnecessary since we're always posting threads and questions about RotoLab. But it is affiliated with HQ in a way, and a lot of us use it every day during ST. Right now you'd have to dig through numerous threads to find what you want. Plus it might cut down on the emails to Merv, thus freeing up more of his time for me. So it sounds like a good idea.

At the very least, we should start an ongoing RotoLab Tips & Questions thread.
              What's the rumpus?

Comment

Originally posted by Kstan View Post
                It's been suggested in prior years, and I believe Merv prefers to get questions via email. It's easier to get specific details and solve them more promptly. A forum implies that Merv will have to monitor heavily, especially in the weeks just prior to drafting, and all that monitoring detracts from Merv's throughput on emails.

Merv has been able to provide superior customer service by maintaining the status quo. Changing that approach runs the risk of watering down the awesome service in place.

If or when Merv decides to change, he will let us know.
                "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

I do prefer e-mails as they are more personal and I can provide more details related to the specific issue. There is also the issue of having to monitor the forum. I do realize there is upside to others being to read the thread. But, at least for this year, I'd like to keep the status quo, I've got some pretty big irons in some fires outside of RotoLab at the moment.

-Merv
                  RotoLab

Comment

I was just thinking it might be a good way to take some of the load off of you so you could, well, you know, sleep or eat or play with the kids. But if you can handle it, great!

Frankly, I worry a little that we are praising you a little too much and putting too much pressure on you.
                    What's the rumpus?

Comment

Hey Merv .... I really didnt intend for you to have to monitor a Forum. You have a business with a great product and you have to do what best for your business.

I was hoping to have discussions with other HQ'ers on how they use RotoLab. Last year was my first with RotoLab and I hope to do even more with it this year.
                      Kstan
                      11 Team AL only 5x5 Keeper League

11 Team NL only 5x5 Keeper League

Comment

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea, I've just got a lot going on in the real world right now. I don't want to commit to anything that I can't fulfill properly. Plus, I haven't even discussed it with BHQ, so probably best to table it until later. You guys know me, I'm easy to get by e-mail and I can generally be reached until about 1:00 am Houston time, 7 days a week.

-Merv

Comment

Merv,

As always, I'm looking forward to getting Rotolab this year. I'll try not to bug you the night before my draft in a panic like a few years ago..

Dan

Comment

I've used RotoLab from the beginning, and would highly recommend it for all (except those who play in my leagues).

OT, you had me worried for a second, 'til I got to your second sentence.

Anyone who is in any kind of business, whether product, service or both, could and should take lessons from Merv. (How do you do it)!?

I've already purchased the '07 version, and would subscribe to Merv's Customer Service Module for my business, if he chose to create such a thing.

I wonder why some businesses succeed; Merv and his RotoLab products deserve nothing but the best.

Comment

I think Kstan has something in that it would be a forum or thread monitored by RL users, not Merv. I'm sure he would make guest-star appearances, but it would be more like a user's forum.

Like I said, we do this anyway, so maybe we just need to do a better job of organization. A "RotoLab Tips" thread is something we can keep going all year.
                              What's the rumpus?

Comment

It would still be something I would have to constantly monitor, to make sure mis-information is not being posted. Again, I don't think this is a bad idea, I'm just not ready to handle it this year.

-Merv

Comment

Working...
                                X