Question about new ballpark factor for Minute Maid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about new ballpark factor for Minute Maid

I could have sworn that Minute Maid use to be known as suppressing left handed power somewhat. Now the factors have it as a 38% increase in lefty power, is that correct? Thanks.

Just checked the last three years:
    2006: +24%
    2005: -3%
    2004: -40%

Looks like something is amiss here. I'll verify with our stat provider.
    "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

I seem to recall it actually being better for LHH than RHH one or two years in the past. I know Berkman hit the Crawford boxes several times this year batting lefty (anecdotal "evidence" ftw) so maybe that can be a fluke thing.
      John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

Just checked and apparently there was an error in the data feed for ALL RH/LH power factors. The correct Minuite Maid 3-year LH HR factor is -13%. There will be a lot of fixin' to do...
        "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

I'm guessing HQ uses the same stat provider (BIS?) as the Bill James Handbook because the BJH 2007 contained several errors itself. I compared the 2003-2005 effects in my BJH 2006 with the 2004-2006 effects in my BJH 2007, and there is no way changing one year could have had that drastic of an effect.

Since there's confirmation of problems with the BJH, I'm going to start a different "heads up" thread for its owners.
          "Well, no doubt they'll walk Fielder here." Catcher gets into squat. "Nope, they're going to hit him."--Bob Uecker

Comment

The ballpark chart has been corrected.

Comment

Nice to see that also removed the +51% LH HR at Petco.
              While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
              --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                X