Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums Software Upgrade

Hi All,

Just upgraded us to the latest version of the forums software.

Let me know if anyone has any issues!

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike, are there any new features of note, or is this just a maintenance upgrade?

Comment

I noticed that when you mark a forum read, you stay in the forum rather than get sent up a level.

Comment

Originally posted by timg View Post
        I noticed that when you mark a forum read, you stay in the forum rather than get sent up a level.
        I was wondering why this was happening. Much annoying!
        John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

New Function?

Check out that "Multi-quote" button! It looks like it's really only a "dual quote" function, but pretty nifty, nevertheless!
          "Well, in all my years I ain't never heard, seen nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell yeah! I'm for debating anything. Rhode Island says yea!"
          - Stephen Hopkins, Delegate from RI in the film "1776"

Comment

Originally posted by Astros34 View Post
            I was wondering why this was happening. Much annoying!
            Totally agree!
            If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
            -Bill Lyon

Comment

FWIW I prefered going up a level after "marking read". Saved me a click. Not a big deal either way though....
              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
              Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Just wondering ... I've noticed the Insert Image function is available in some forums and not others. Was that a conscious choice?

Not that I have a lot of genuine need for it in the AL Player Notes forum (for example.) I just think the world would be a better place if there were more randomly distributed photos of waterfowl.

2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Originally posted by maisany View Post
                  Check out that "Multi-quote" button! It looks like it's really only a "dual quote" function, but pretty nifty, nevertheless!
                  What does the multi quote button do?

Comment

The regular quote button gives a quote. By pressing the multi quote button you can quote two (several?) replies in your post. I used to do this by pressing "quote", then "copy all", then go back and quote a second and paste the first quote. The multi button makes it easier.
                    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
                    Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Originally posted by maisany View Post
                      Originally posted by Markus_ls View Post
                      The regular quote button gives a quote. By pressing the multi quote button you can quote two (several?) replies in your post. I used to do this by pressing "quote", then "copy all", then go back and quote a second and paste the first quote. The multi button makes it easier.
                      Ah, I see now. I was expecting multi-layer quotes, that is: quoting your whole post including the part of your post that was a quote from another post.

It seems that you can quote more than two messages. It doesn't seem to get the quotes in chronological order.
                      Last edited by timg; 08-13-2006, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Wake me if we can list our rosters below our posts.

I agree with all other limits on that: only one league, last names only, maybe no ultra-sized rosters, limited extra commentary, etc.

It has to be kept within reasonable parameters, but if so, why not?
                        NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                        our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                        a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

I like all the new features, including the fact that quotes now link to the post you're quoting.
                          While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                          --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Howie M View Post
                            Wake me if we can list our rosters below our posts.

I agree with all other limits on that: only one league, last names only, maybe no ultra-sized rosters, limited extra commentary, etc.

It has to be kept within reasonable parameters, but if so, why not?
                            FWIW, I match no threads when I search for Puholes, which is in HowieM's sig. I thought that was the reason rosters in sigs were banned.

Alternately, could they add a roster field to profiles? Then you could include a Roster link to your profile.
                            While the individual man is an insoluble puzzle, in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
                            --Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by RosenSama View Post
                              I like all the new features, including the fact that quotes now link to the post you're quoting.
                              Oooo, didn't notice that before. Thanks.

Originally posted by RosenSama View Post
                              FWIW, I match no threads when I search for Puholes, which is in HowieM's sig. I thought that was the reason rosters in sigs were banned.
                              Is a Puhole anything like a Dillhole? (I need to find Erik Foreman and ask him.....)

Comment

Working...
                              X