MACK Report troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK Report troubles

Last night I entered in rosters for 5 teams. Saved them, ran a couple reports. This morning I entered data for 6 more teams. Ran reports on those 6, but when I went to run reports on the original 5, the rosters for the orignal 5 were blank. So, I recreated them. At that point I checked and saw that I had complete rosters for 11 teams. Then I started running reports on the 5 I'd just entered, and when I went to run a report on the 6 I'd entered this morning, they were blank.

It appears to me that running a saved report wipes out some "old" team rosters. So the sequence went like this:

Create Team A,B,C (Fine, all teams have full rosters)
    Run reports on A,B,C (fine, nice report on each team)
    Create teams D,E,F (fine, all teams A-F have rosters)
    Run reports on D,E,F (fine, nice report on D-F)
    Run Reports on A,B,C (No data available)
    Check Teams A,B,C (Rosters are blank)
    Recreate Team A,B,C (Fine, again)
    Run reports on A,B,C (Fine, again)
    Run reports on D,E,F (No data available)
    Check Teams D,E,F (Rosters are blank)

Driving me around the bend. Can someone let me know what's going on?
    Thanks

The tech guys here will tell you it has something to do with the how the Cookies are saved on YOUR computer. I have had the same problems for the last 3 years on every different computer that I use. 2 home computers , 2 different work computers, I have always had the cookies enabled, never erasased. Long story , short, I have the same problems

Comment

Cookie Monster...

I vaguely remember a comment last year from one of the HQ Tech Support guys (or maybe it was Ron) discussing this very issue. I thought that there were going to be upgrades to the Mack engine to make it less (or not at all) "cookie dependent." Anybody else?
      Let every child available for adoption become eligible for adoption..

Comment

Wow. Ok - all I can say is that I had the problems I posted above on the same computer, and actually, this morning, during the same session.

And yes, a cookie independent version of this would be nice - I'd hate to find out I couldn't access my MACK entries from some other machine I hadn't entered them on.

While I've got you, how come I have to log in once to baseball hq and again into the subscriber forum? I remember having to do that a couple years ago, then it was fine, now it's back.

Comment

Wish I had more and better news for you guys, but I can tell you for sure that getting MACK to be cookie-independent is definitely high on our list of tech improvements. I can't tell you exactly what that means in terms of timeline, but I'll see what I can find out. I can tell you that we're putting a lot of effort into some new features associated with in-season stats that you should see as early as this Friday, and the "vision" is that those changes will eventually filter into MACK.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the update Ray. I guess all I'm wondering about now is whether resolving this problem really has to wait for a cookie independent solution. I mean, I had this problem using the same machine and during a single session. That shouldn't happen, whether cookies are involved or not, right? Looking forward to upcoming changes you mention.

Comment

Working...
            X