X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pavano is the first $1 player.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitty81
      Shandler has done a great job on MI so far. Lugo (26), Cantu (23), and Polanco (19). That's arguable 3 of the top 7 MI in the AL.
      Loretta (BBHQ projection: $20) just went for $15. Makes the overpaying for the other MIs even more expensive.

Comment

Sanders (BBHQ $21) goes for $16 to Grey. I'm a bit confused by Ron's deviation from his projected values.

Comment

Escobar (BBHQ $18) goes for $11. How could Ron pass?

Comment

when's the NL draft?

Comment

Originally posted by AllenH
              when's the NL draft?
              Sunday (tomorrow) at 9 a.m.
              "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Patioboater
                Most interesting thing I noticed out of the early bidding was that a lot of guys with some questions surrounding them got thrown out early. These guys were all nominated in the first fifteen, and there are some legitimate questions about all of them. Definitely an interesting departure from the usual league in which all of the best players get nominated first, and it might lead to some value being available later
                I think those Tout Wars guys have been doing this together for so long that it's getting tough to out-think one another. Kind of like "I know you know, but you know I know that you know", and so on. May as well try something different.

Comment

Observations

Didn't want to double-post but I'll be posting my first-hand observations (not that they count for anything) here.
                  "Well, in all my years I ain't never heard, seen nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell yeah! I'm for debating anything. Rhode Island says yea!"
                  - Stephen Hopkins, Delegate from RI in the film "1776"

Comment

Kind of an interesting strategy. It was sort of like people were curious to see what everybody else thought about those guys, and so got them out of the way at a time when roster considerations wouldn't affect their value too much. Or more likely, guys who didn't want 'em threw them out early to suck up some money.

What did I learn from it all? That if I'm sitting around on a Saturday watching somebody else's rotisserie draft, I really am a sad and pathetic geek. Still, it was kind of fun to check in on it while I was arranging the spreadsheets for my own drafts next week. Kind of got me in the mood.
                    2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Originally posted by Patioboater
                      What did I learn from it all? That if I'm sitting around on a Saturday watching somebody else's rotisserie draft, I really am a sad and pathetic geek.
                      You just learned that? Sorry, couldn't help myself..you just set me up so well :-)
                      If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
                      -Bill Lyon

Comment

I said this on another thread, but Jeremy Reed for $2 could be a great pick up. He'll still produce double digits when he gets back.

He's taken several players who are on the DL or in AAA, which means he'll need a good reserve draft. So far, I like his team.
                        What's the rumpus?

Comment

Alex Gordon?!

Comment

Originally posted by helloneumn
                            You just learned that? Sorry, couldn't help myself..you just set me up so well :-)
                            You know how it is. Sometimes the geek is the last to know....
                            2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Originally posted by timg
                              Alex Gordon?!
                              I think that was his final player and he was out of money.
                              What's the rumpus?

Comment

Yes, it was clearly a last pick thing where money wasn't particularly relevant. And, sometimes an empty slot is better than having an active MLer.

Comment

Working...
                                X