Smiley Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smiley Problem

A couple of us regulars have noticed something in the posting interface.

If you note the attached image, this is what I see now in my edit screen:

In the area to the right of the edit box, in the box labelled "Smilies", I used to see the actual graphics of the smilies that we could insert into our text. Now, I only see the keyboard combination equivalents.

When I click on any of them, the editor inserts what appears to be a broken image of the smiley, then, when I either preview or submit the msg, the editor essentially strips out what it considers to be unviewable "stuff".

I've also tried inserting the kb equivalents manually, and it gets stripped when I try to preview or submit the msg as well.

As an example, I will insert a simple smiley at the end of this line, in case the code winds up in the posted version but hidden somehow, so you can troubleshoot it.

I will also manually insert the same at the end of this sentence.

I am using Firefox 1.5.0.1 as my browser, but I'm almost certain that I've also experienced this while using IE as well. I have my editor pref set to the Advanced setting, so I should be getting all of the features available in the editor.

I tried setting it to the middle setting, saving it, then going back and setting it back. No change. I've also gone and flushed my browser cache and nothing changes.

Let me know if you need any more info. We need them smilies!!!
    Attached Files
    "Well, in all my years I ain't never heard, seen nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell yeah! I'm for debating anything. Rhode Island says yea!"
    - Stephen Hopkins, Delegate from RI in the film "1776"

Yep, I've reported this. It's not your browser.

Comment

Thank goodness, this is really killing me. It's like I have to sound like I'm semi-serious in my posts. Very un-me.
      "Well, in all my years I ain't never heard, seen nor smelled an issue that was so dangerous it couldn't be talked about. Hell yeah! I'm for debating anything. Rhode Island says yea!"

Comment

There's always "LOL" and "ROTF".

I've always wondered about people who seem to do a lot of "laughing out loud" and "rolling on the floor" when using the computer. Made me think that I was missing out on some sort of big party.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM@HQ
          There's always "LOL" and "ROTF".

I've always wondered about people who seem to do a lot of "laughing out loud" and "rolling on the floor" when using the computer. Made me think that I was missing out on some sort of big party.
          Don't forget LMFAO. Old Tom and Patioboater can generate one of those from time to time.
          "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

Yup same problem. I've just been adding [insert winking smilie here] and the like. Lame, I know, but better than nothin'.

[insert embarrassed smilie here]
            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
            Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

We're dyin' here!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenEagle
                Don't forget LMFAO.
                Let's Make Fun of and Aggrivate Oldsters?

Lude Mofos Frankly Advocate Ouster?
                What's the rumpus?

Comment

Working...
                X