Simple Request - Depth Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Request - Depth Charts

Request: Set up depth charts to print in landscape, 2 pages only. Teams are cut off mid-page and it is cumbersome to cut and paste the file into excel or word. Perhaps a pdf file?
    5x5 10 Team Deep NL Keeper, 5x5 12 Team Mixed

Teams are cut off mid-page in which direction? For example, do you see headings for Arizona through Los Angeles if you run the NL chart?

Comment

Tom, when you set the printer to "landscape" (which is necessary to print eight teams across)..

Page one cuts off halfway through the starting pitchers for the top eight teams listed.

Page two finishes the top eight, begins the bottom eight, and cuts off in the middle of the outfield.

Page three finishes the bottom eight, and includes the HQ Graphics at the bottom.

I echo Nachos, that this ideally would be formatted to print in Landscape format, using only two pages.
      Let every child available for adoption become eligible for adoption..

Comment

I hope this isn't "inappropriate", but for formatting someone from HQ should check out Mastersball.com depth charts. (I know some of them also lurk over here sometimes...don't know if the reverse is true?) They manage to get the entire league onto 1 landscape page that prints beautifully. One for AL one for NL.

This is not to say the content of their depth charts is preferred over HQ - just that they seem to have the formatting style down pat.
        "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
        Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

How will Landscape mode solve the problem? Every team still gets cut off at the bottom. There's no way to fit an entire team in one column.

If we use Portrait mode, the teams fit vertically, but you lose a team on the right.

Although... when I print the chart in portrait mode on my printer, I get eight teams across. What options do you have available under File, Page Setup? Shrink to fit? Margins?

Comment

I didn't know that about Mastersball... it's certainly worth a look.

Comment

In order to shave a bit of width off the HQ depth charts, might I be so bold as to suggest taking the LF/RF/CF labels that are inserted into each team's column and just put them on the left hand margin. The OF label can be moved below the starters' short dividing line. This could save the most space of everything I see from a width standpoint.
              "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X