Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Site Launched

Some player pages are linking to the wrong guy, when you link off the league depth chart pages.

Like Mori from the TB bullpen
    http://baseballhq.com/members/tools/...er2.pl?id=9002

Some of the Player Link pages have this sequence of characters:

’

where there should be an apostrophe. I specifically noticed this on pages for Nomar Garciaparra and Pedro Feliz.

using IE 6, Win2k
    Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile

NL-Pitchers are absent when running a report in MACK.

Default only 2 pitchers per team show up on MACK

I noticed this yesterday, tried to use email link for MACK help, got the email returned. Why only 2 of the pitchers? What's wrong with the email link for MACK help?
    Richard Fish

Default problem with email to "Mack@baseballhq.com"

My email again returned to me, when I tried to email the link on the bottom of the MACK page...Here is the whole reply, if it will help you techies.

The original message was received at Sat, 4 Mar 2006 23:23:45 -0500 (EST)
    from root@localhost

*** ATTENTION ***

Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its
    delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section
    labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----".

The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
    labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-mail could
    not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which is a
    general translation for other e-mail servers.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to the e-mail
    administrator or Postmaster at that destination.

--AOL Postmaster

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    <mack@baseballhq.com>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    ... while talking to mail.baseballhq.com.:
    >>> RCPT To:<mack@baseballhq.com>
    <<< 550 <mack@baseballhq.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table
    550 <mack@baseballhq.com>... User unknown

Final-Recipient: RFC822; mack@baseballhq.com
    Action: failed
    Remote-MTA: DNS; mail.baseballhq.com
    Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550 <mack@baseballhq.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table
    Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 23:23:52 -0500 (EST)

Received: from RFish91531@aol.com
    by imo-m24.mx.aol.com (mail_out_v38_r7.3.) id s.60.674cc41c (39955)
    for <mack@baseballhq.com>; Sat, 4 Mar 2006 23:23:45 -0500 (EST)
    Return-path: <RFish91531@aol.com>
    Message-ID: <60.674cc41c.313bc1d1@aol.com>
    Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 23:23:45 EST
    Subject: pitchers not showing up
    To: mack@baseballhq.com
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="part1_60.674cc41c.313bc1d1_boundary"
    X-Mailer: Thunderbird - Mac OS X sub 291
    X-Spam-Flag: NO

I'll pass that along to the tech support staff, but in the meantime, use the contact information that's on the HQ home page: techsupport@baseballhq.com .

Quote Originally Posted by MikeK@HQ
    Please use this forum to note of any problems found.
    The BBHQ.com banner that is often linked to the home page is not linked in the playerlink section, not when viewing a player or player list, anyway.

Playerlink hasn't been fully upgraded yet, that link and the left-side toolbar will return.

playerlink's index and pitching scripts have just been updated - batting pages will be updated in the next few days.

Mike

Fixed the mack@baseballhq.com issue. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeK@HQ
    playerlink's index and pitching scripts have just been updated - batting pages will be updated in the next few days.
    It doesn't seem to be working -- I get a blank page whenever I select a player.

Quote Originally Posted by timg
    It doesn't seem to be working -- I get a blank page whenever I select a player.
    Me too!!!

There was a temporary problem that is resolved. playerlink pages were coming up blank for a couple of hours tonight. Try again.

I'm having a problem with the smileys showing up as a red x in a box--both within messages as well as in the screen where you create a message. Is everyone having that problem or just me?
    If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
    -Bill Lyon

I noticed that, too. In the Reply panel, the emoticons at the right are now listed without their little pictures. Now I see the actual punctuation marks. And, they don't work at all. Even if I type in the characters "colon-right paren", I don't get a smiley face in my message.

The smilies at the bottom of the reply box appear correct but, like you, the ones to the right of the reply box aren't right.
    “Advertising bans, plain packaging, bans on smoking in public spaces, deterrent messages on cigarette packages, medical advice, education -- all have had some effect especially in Western countries. But still a billion people in the world are addicted to lighting little bonfires of plant material between their lips." -- Matt Ridley

Thumbs down Web Site Issues

This afternoon, I cannot access the PlayerLink Data Base or Depth Charts - I keep getting a "Page not Found" message. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Not only that....the day you launched your new site....I took an hour of my time to write to both Ron Shandler AND your tech support people about my opions with respect to the changes and different technical issues I had discovered.

I DID NOT EVEN GET THE COURTESY OF ONE SIMPLE REPLY!!!!!!!! AND NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE RECEIPT OF MY EMAILS!!!

I am about at the end of my rope with this site. And I have one SIMPLE question....WHO WAS THE "GENIUS" WHO DECIDED TO MAKE SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO YOUR SITE DURING THE BUSIEST, MOST CRITICAL TIME OF THE YEAR?????

Quote Originally Posted by wallyishere
    This afternoon, I cannot access the PlayerLink Data Base or Depth Charts - I keep getting a "Page not Found" message. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!
    Wally,
    I have had no trouble getting on those pages, and suspect this is not a system-wide problem.

I DID NOT EVEN GET THE COURTESY OF ONE SIMPLE REPLY!!!!!!!! AND NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE RECEIPT OF MY EMAILS!!!
    The people who run this site are extremely accessible and willing to help the newbiest newbie and the oldest old-timer. The reason you didn't get a reply may be that it was never received...there were some tech support email issues. Before you go flaming away on the boards, try emailing again. I think you'll be happily supprised.

I hope this doesn't turn you off of BBHQ (unless you're in MY league!), because there is quite the wealth of knowledge here. Just stick with it and win your league!
    "Give that fan a contract!" - Rex Barney

He's throwing a 2 hit shutout and he's shaking me off, can you believe that sh**! Charlie, here comes the deuce; and when you speak of me, speak well. - Crash Davis

Thumbs down Still Frustrated!!!!

I spoke to your customer service line, and the person I spoke to had EXACTLY the same problem!!!

By the way...I AM new to the forums, because she suggested I come here to post my concerns, after telling her my issue of not getting responses to my previous emails.

She guessed (correctly, based on the speed of your response today), that this may be a way for me to get a response from you, as opposed to your lack of response before. Telling me to re-submit those items is not reasonable, as I used your contact center to send them, and no copy is retained there. I am not going to take another hour to reapeat a process that didn't work before - would you????

Please note, however, that I have been a Gold Level Subscriber for about 6 or 7 years....so i DON"T need advice to "stick with you"....but I DO need to get the site working....NOW!!!!!!!!!

I am going on vacation this week, and was hoping to print off a number of documents to work wirh during my flights. Telling me this is not a widespread issue is NOT a cure for my problem!!!

I reported this to Tech Support a little while ago, and it is now fixed. I was having the same problems, but now I am able to get to the Depth Charts and to PlayerLink.

Please note, however, that I have been a Gold Level Subscriber for about 6 or 7 years
    Sorry Wally...saw the 2006 in the upper right corner and thought you were new; my bad! I probably had no probs with the site because I was on after it was fixed.

He's throwing a 2 hit shutout and he's shaking me off, can you believe that sh**! Charlie, here comes the deuce; and when you speak of me, speak well. - Crash Davis

I spoke to your customer service line, and the person I spoke to had EXACTLY the same problem!!!
    Wally--FYI, Yardsmen does not work for HQ (nor do I). So, saying that you replied to HIS customer service line, etc., etc. is not really accurate (unless Yardsmen has a customer service line of his own that I'm unaware of). He was just trying to be a helpful fellow subscriber. I understand you are frustrated but taking out your frustration on someone who is not the cause of it is not particularly helpful.

P.S. Do you really know that the problems you experienced are related to the site redesign? (I don't know that they aren't, but it seems like you're jumping to a conclusion that may not be true)
    -Bill Lyon

helloneumn, I don't know if you've got my back, or you're trying to pad your posts on the way to the Four-digit club!?!

I would have inserted a smilie...but they don't seem to be working. Damn website...

Quote Originally Posted by Yardsmen GM
    helloneumn, I don't know if you've got my back, or you're trying to pad your posts on the way to the Four-digit club!?!
    A little of both (smiley face)
    -Bill Lyon