Site Launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeK@HQ
    playerlink's index and pitching scripts have just been updated - batting pages will be updated in the next few days.
    It doesn't seem to be working -- I get a blank page whenever I select a player.

Comment

Originally posted by timg
      It doesn't seem to be working -- I get a blank page whenever I select a player.
      Me too!!!

Comment

There was a temporary problem that is resolved. playerlink pages were coming up blank for a couple of hours tonight. Try again.

Comment

I'm having a problem with the smileys showing up as a red x in a box--both within messages as well as in the screen where you create a message. Is everyone having that problem or just me?
          If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
          -Bill Lyon

Comment

I noticed that, too. In the Reply panel, the emoticons at the right are now listed without their little pictures. Now I see the actual punctuation marks. And, they don't work at all. Even if I type in the characters "colon-right paren", I don't get a smiley face in my message.

Comment

The smilies at the bottom of the reply box appear correct but, like you, the ones to the right of the reply box aren't right.
              "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Web Site Issues

This afternoon, I cannot access the PlayerLink Data Base or Depth Charts - I keep getting a "Page not Found" message. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Not only that....the day you launched your new site....I took an hour of my time to write to both Ron Shandler AND your tech support people about my opions with respect to the changes and different technical issues I had discovered.

I DID NOT EVEN GET THE COURTESY OF ONE SIMPLE REPLY!!!!!!!! AND NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE RECEIPT OF MY EMAILS!!!

I am about at the end of my rope with this site. And I have one SIMPLE question....WHO WAS THE "GENIUS" WHO DECIDED TO MAKE SIGNIFICANT CHANGES TO YOUR SITE DURING THE BUSIEST, MOST CRITICAL TIME OF THE YEAR?????

Comment

Originally posted by wallyishere
                  This afternoon, I cannot access the PlayerLink Data Base or Depth Charts - I keep getting a "Page not Found" message. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!
                  Wally,
                  I have had no trouble getting on those pages, and suspect this is not a system-wide problem.

I DID NOT EVEN GET THE COURTESY OF ONE SIMPLE REPLY!!!!!!!! AND NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE RECEIPT OF MY EMAILS!!!
                  The people who run this site are extremely accessible and willing to help the newbiest newbie and the oldest old-timer. The reason you didn't get a reply may be that it was never received...there were some tech support email issues. Before you go flaming away on the boards, try emailing again. I think you'll be happily supprised.

I hope this doesn't turn you off of BBHQ (unless you're in MY league!), because there is quite the wealth of knowledge here. Just stick with it and win your league!
                  "Give that fan a contract!" - Rex Barney

He's throwing a 2 hit shutout and he's shaking me off, can you believe that sh**! Charlie, here comes the deuce; and when you speak of me, speak well. - Crash Davis

Comment

Still Frustrated!!!!

I spoke to your customer service line, and the person I spoke to had EXACTLY the same problem!!!

By the way...I AM new to the forums, because she suggested I come here to post my concerns, after telling her my issue of not getting responses to my previous emails.

She guessed (correctly, based on the speed of your response today), that this may be a way for me to get a response from you, as opposed to your lack of response before. Telling me to re-submit those items is not reasonable, as I used your contact center to send them, and no copy is retained there. I am not going to take another hour to reapeat a process that didn't work before - would you????

Please note, however, that I have been a Gold Level Subscriber for about 6 or 7 years....so i DON"T need advice to "stick with you"....but I DO need to get the site working....NOW!!!!!!!!!

I am going on vacation this week, and was hoping to print off a number of documents to work wirh during my flights. Telling me this is not a widespread issue is NOT a cure for my problem!!!

Comment

I reported this to Tech Support a little while ago, and it is now fixed. I was having the same problems, but now I am able to get to the Depth Charts and to PlayerLink.

Comment

Please note, however, that I have been a Gold Level Subscriber for about 6 or 7 years
                        Sorry Wally...saw the 2006 in the upper right corner and thought you were new; my bad! I probably had no probs with the site because I was on after it was fixed.

He's throwing a 2 hit shutout and he's shaking me off, can you believe that sh**! Charlie, here comes the deuce; and when you speak of me, speak well. - Crash Davis

Comment

I spoke to your customer service line, and the person I spoke to had EXACTLY the same problem!!!
                          Wally--FYI, Yardsmen does not work for HQ (nor do I). So, saying that you replied to HIS customer service line, etc., etc. is not really accurate (unless Yardsmen has a customer service line of his own that I'm unaware of). He was just trying to be a helpful fellow subscriber. I understand you are frustrated but taking out your frustration on someone who is not the cause of it is not particularly helpful.

P.S. Do you really know that the problems you experienced are related to the site redesign? (I don't know that they aren't, but it seems like you're jumping to a conclusion that may not be true)
                          -Bill Lyon

Comment

helloneumn, I don't know if you've got my back, or you're trying to pad your posts on the way to the Four-digit club!?!

Comment

I would have inserted a smilie...but they don't seem to be working. Damn website...

Comment

Originally posted by Yardsmen GM
                                helloneumn, I don't know if you've got my back, or you're trying to pad your posts on the way to the Four-digit club!?!
                                A little of both (smiley face)
                                -Bill Lyon

Comment

Working...
                                X