No announcement yet.

Site Launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click Salary Cap on the main menu and it goes to Feb. 18 article.

Click Salary Cap from the Command Center and it goes to Feb. 23 Wild Card article.

Click Wild Card from the Command Center and it goes to Feb. 18 Salary Cap article.

I cannot get to the Feb. 25 Salary Cap article.
    Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile

Comment

Maybe this only happens for me now... but the lefthand tool bar on the left hand side is great, except that the days of the week (Mon-Fri & Weekends) and the text for American League and National League are bigger than everything else.

What this does on my browser (IE) is to push that text out of the frame to the right a bit....this then pushes all the content in the "main window" down a full page. So I log in...the first page is the left hand toolbar...then I scroll down a full page (past the poll) and then see the main page content.

Any help would be appreciated.
      "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Scarcity Option

this is more of a question than a problem.....is there an estimate on when the scarcity option for the custom draft guide might be ready?

I've been waiting for this for a long time so I'm super anxious.

new site looks great. New custom draft guide is also much improved.

Comment

Originally posted by cwhenning
          Click Salary Cap on the main menu and it goes to Feb. 18 article.

Click Salary Cap from the Command Center and it goes to Feb. 23 Wild Card article.

Click Wild Card from the Command Center and it goes to Feb. 18 Salary Cap article.

I cannot get to the Feb. 25 Salary Cap article.
          The Command Center links are definitely reversed. But I believe the reason you can't get to the 2/25 article is that the 2/25 article was actually the first post of the Challenge Indicators data, which appeared in the 'Library' section... and since the archives are offline, I think that got taken down.

Comment

Originally posted by bankerboy
            Maybe this only happens for me now... but the lefthand tool bar on the left hand side is great, except that the days of the week (Mon-Fri & Weekends) and the text for American League and National League are bigger than everything else.

What this does on my browser (IE) is to push that text out of the frame to the right a bit....this then pushes all the content in the "main window" down a full page. So I log in...the first page is the left hand toolbar...then I scroll down a full page (past the poll) and then see the main page content.

Any help would be appreciated.
            bump
            "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Michael
              I guess that does answer my question, but now that I look at the menu on the left of each BBHQ page, the research topics aren't in alphabetical order or chronological order: they're just scrambled. Why not list them in chronological order instead of making users go to the command center page (which is a clean lay-out but nothing more than the same menu)?
              I agree with Michael. I don't mean to nit pick , but it seems that if the posting days are listed for every article in the left hand navigation column you wouldn't need to click on the extra page of the command center. As I said in my earlier post this is minor. My observations in no way reflect a dissapointment with HQ.
              \" Quit clouding the issues with the facts! \" Davitt - 07/06/05

\" What we don\'t know , we explain to each other\" J. R. Oppenheimer speaking to fellow physicist Greg Breit.

Ron V's new signature line, "It's drivel, but it's diligent, sleep-deprived drivel!" Patioboater 1/14/06

Comment

This is true...

Originally posted by jdl
                I think the old site looked better. I'm using Mac OS X and the Safari browser.

jdl
                As one who uses both Safari for Mac OS X and Windoze XP, the Mac version is different -- it strangely muted somehow.

Not sure why...

Comment

Thanks for the return of the Command Center!
                  I echo those that still find the days of the week for new articles (Bullpen, Rotisserie, etc) on the Main Menu down the left as a very useful time-saver (and avoids the fear of missing something). It's because the content is so valuable and timeliness is so important, that we don't want to miss a thing! I appreciate the efforts of all the staff involved in the redesign. Don't mind a little "dust" as the progress is made!
                  "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

This is the viewing issue I mentioned earlier..... See how the Daily Updates text is too big and pushes it's way into the center "panel"? Then Text that's usually in the middle then starts way at the bottom of the page....Looks this way both at work and at home...

Any thoughts?
                    Attached Files

Comment

That's very odd. I can't replicate that view at all. Some questions that come to mind:
                      • What operating system are you using?
                      • Is that a special version of IE? I noticed the "provided by" in the title bar.
                      • What resolution are you using for your monitor?

Comment

Hi Tom,

The odd thing is that I get the same results at work and at home. (The pic is here at work)

At work, I'm using IE 5.5 and Windows 2000, resolution is 1024x768.

Home is IE (unsure on version), Windows XP Home, same res I believe.

I'm baffled. :-(

Comment

Also....just tried several different resolutions with the same results.

Comment

Are you using IE 5.5 in both places? That's a pretty old release. I think I saw something somewhere about a bug in 5.5 that enlarges text size under certain circumstances.

Given all of the Microsoft security patches, you should probably be running the latest release anyway.

Comment

Hmm...the work one I don't have control over...but I can check the home version. At home I'm able to do the downloads, so it would surprise me if I didn't have the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM@HQ
                                Are you using IE 5.5 in both places? That's a pretty old release. I think I saw something somewhere about a bug in 5.5 that enlarges text size under certain circumstances.

Given all of the Microsoft security patches, you should probably be running the latest release anyway.
                                Tom you're a genius. I had my system admin at work install an update to IE 6.0. It looks wonderful. Now I'll upgrade at home too. I had a motherboard die just around the bbhq format changed...so I must have an older version now.

Comment

Working...
                                X