Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about new forums - How do I find my posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about new forums - How do I find my posts?

With all the new forums , I'm finding it impossible to find my posts and see if anybody replied. On the old boards , all you had to do was scroll down and look for your name. This new system doesn't provide email notification , and if 'subscribing' to a post does anything , I can't figure it out. With all these bells and whistles , isn't there a way to give users a chance to do this? Would it be possible to click on your name in a list of forum sbscribers and be taken to your posts to see if anyone responded? The only thing I can think of is to write down the threads I've posted to so I can reference the list. Frankly , this is alot more trouble then just not posting. I really don't get what's so great about these forums. It used to be that with a quick scroll I could find everything I wanted to read. Now it's multiple clicking back and forth , and trying to remeber which threads. If a feature such as I described above isn't possible , is there some tip others can pass along for how they remember where to look? Thanks for any help.
    \" Quit clouding the issues with the facts! \" Davitt - 07/06/05

\" What we don\'t know , we explain to each other\" J. R. Oppenheimer speaking to fellow physicist Greg Breit.

Ron V's new signature line, "It's drivel, but it's diligent, sleep-deprived drivel!" Patioboater 1/14/06

Click on the SEARCH button in the top navigation and you can
    search by your user name to be taken to every thread in which you have posted.

Comment

Thanks

Great suggestion , works well.

\" What we don\'t know , we explain to each other\" J. R. Oppenheimer speaking to fellow physicist Greg Breit.

Ron V's new signature line, "It's drivel, but it's diligent, sleep-deprived drivel!" Patioboater 1/14/06

Comment

Re: Question about new forums - How do I find my posts?

Originally posted by Ron V
        Now it's multiple clicking back and forth , and trying to remeber which threads. If a feature such as I described above isn't possible , is there some tip others can pass along for how they remember where to look? Thanks for any help.
        There is a button at the top of the page that says "user cp" click on it. It lists all of your subscribed threads.

Comment

Neil - Thanks again

I didn't have a chance to post to thank you for your last reply. While I was a little frustrated , I'll always be the first to say HQ always comes through.

Comment

Working...
          X