Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing or Deleting Forum postings

Hi...

I posted a reply to a query in the forum on AL Player Info, thread on "Cabrera and strikes..." (I may not have the thread title complete)...

I did it late at night, and I never did see the original question nor my reply. I was tired and sleepy, and I have been known to hit a wrong key now and then, even when not tired and sleepy.

Was my posting deleted along with the question? The posting dialog at the time originated from my comment on BBHQ being negative on Cabrera... I was challenged on this by a @HQ person and to substantiate my contention, I quoted the Baseball Forecaster book on Cabrera, and posted Cabrera's forecast. But I can't locate any of this, and I suspect that that particular dialog may have been deleted.

Perhaps a general answer on editing and deleting forum posts can be provided rather than the specific answer to my question.

Tnx,

Roland

Roland, I see your post containing the Forecaster text and the forecast. It wasn't deleted. Look on page four of the thread.

Comment

Thanks Tom... It was really late at night...

I thought that it was deleted because I may have been too critical of BBHQ, or maybe some unintended sarcasm crept into my message...

On the other hand, I am still a little curious about the deleting...

Not of my specific post, but in general.

Comment

HQ would never delete a post simply because we disagree with you! The whole purpose of the Forums is for discussion. We've had some very offensive posters in the past, and usually the approach has been to just let the thread die ("don't feed the troll", if you will.) A post would have to be truly beyond the pale in terms of language or propriety to be deleted.

In some very egregious cases, a thread was closed to further posts, but that's rare. The Cabrera thread doesn't come close to that category. My opinion about it was that we were just going around and around in circles, and that at some point there should have simply been a "let's agree to disagree -- time will tell" post.

Comment

Thanks Tom...

On the Cabrera thread, it seems to be reaching the point of exhaustion ...

And I feel like I am reapeating myself sometimes...

So rather than continue posting myself, I will just look at it from a distance while reading the postings.

Comment

Working...
          X