forum setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum setup

When I browse at work my connection is ony 128k or so, so it is really annoying when I click "mark this forum read" or submit a post and I am "returned to where I (was)" or "will now be taken to my post."

If I just marked a forum read, why would I want to look at it immediately afterward? It should go to the next level up so I can select another forum with unread threads.

If I just submitted a post, why would I want to look at it? I want to go back to the forum I was reading.

Just a minor gripe, but does anyone else agree with me? Can this even be changed?
    John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

You could hold off on marking any forums read til your entire session is over, then go to the main forums page and click "Mark all forums read."
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

That's true, but then I might miss something new in one of the forums I had already read. I don't want to miss out!

I take it that it can't be changed?
      John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

I don't know if it can be changed. Re your concern about not missing anything... do you use the "View New Posts" button in the upper right of the Forum home page? To my mind, it's the greatest feature of the whole thing.
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Originally posted by DAVITT@HQ
          I don't know if it can be changed. Re your concern about not missing anything... do you use the "View New Posts" button in the upper right of the Forum home page? To my mind, it's the greatest feature of the whole thing.
          Wow, do I feel stupid. Thanks for pointing that out. Apologies to the rest of you for taking up an entire thread with this, but there are no PMs (unless I missed that, too )
          John

Comment

Working...
          X