Custom values question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom values question

"There are two widely-used methods for calculating Rotisserie player values -- the SGP method and the scarcity method."
    I thought you were talking about positional scarcity. I think I understand now. There are the projections that Ron uses and than there is the projections the custion value uses. Of course those projection are off due to SB and saves being weighed too much. The advice is to adjust for it. So its not really custom values if they have to be adjusted. Got it. I'll just sort the projections on my own.

Comment

The "scarcity method" here does refer to categorical scarcity, not positional scarcity. That's why SBs and saves have an undue influence on the values. However, that doesn't mean they are wrong, especially not if the owners in your league value those categories likewise. The SGP method does flatten the effect that SBs and saves have, but neither method is more correct than the other. It's a matter of taste -- which goes back to the flavor of game that your league plays. As it says on the NOTES page, "Which method is more accurate? If you put the issue out to a group of industry analysts, you'd get quite a debate. I don't know that you'd ever come to a consensus."

RON@HQ

Comment

"However, that doesn't mean they are wrong, especially not if the owners in your league value those categories likewise"

I thought this was projected prices and not market prices???
        League value shouldn't effect the true value of the players.

What am I missing??

Comment

All I am saying is these projected prices have to be evaluated in the context of market, which you already know.

RON@HQ

Comment

OK so it has nothing to do with market prices. These are projected prices. But the custom value projected prices don't jive
            with the regular projected prices. All you have to do is remember
            that the custom values overrate SB and saves. The reguar prices don't. Got it. Don't use the custom values unless they match the market values of your league which of course aren't market values but projections. You gotta love this game!

Comment

Working...
            X