Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Draft Guide not working in Mac Safari

Greetings:

Just wanted to flag a problem I'm having in my iMac Safari with the Custom Draft Guide. When I click "Start Here", all that comes up is a blank screen. I've tried several times and cannot get the page that enables one to set up the parameters for one's league, leading to the custom player valuations. Now, when I use Firefox, there's no problem at all. The CDG works fine and generates everything it's supposed to.

I'm posting this to see if others have had my experience and found a way to solve it.

Thanks and looking forward to a fun 2021.

Rick
    14-team Mixed 5x5: Hitting: OBP, Runs, Steals, HR, RBI; Pitching: Ws, Saves, Ks, ERA, WHIP

Uh, well, I just solved the problem! In the Safari menu I found an option to reload the page without content blockers and the CDG worked perfectly. I'll leave this post on in case it helps someone else who has experienced this.
    14-team Mixed 5x5: Hitting: OBP, Runs, Steals, HR, RBI; Pitching: Ws, Saves, Ks, ERA, WHIP

Comment

Rick B, where do I find the option to get rid of content blockers? (Safari hasn't worked for the CDG for a few years; at Ray's suggestion I've used Chrome to access it.)

Comment

Custom Draft Guide not working in Mac Safari

On the page, in the URL bar, click the aA icon, and choose from the drop-down menu.
        MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

My problem is that even if try using Chrome, if I do it on an iPad or Mac laptop, it still brings up the message that you can’t get anything other than the grid (or a custom report). I use the latter - or I go to a nearby hotel, or at least I did before the pandemic. FWIW, the custom report can look awfully similar to a regular report and you can eliminate stuff you don’t care about easily.
          Last edited by PHIL@HQ; 12-28-2020, 10:06 PM.
          "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Phil, I have the same limitations on my Mac, but can get Excel versions of the grid, which I find enough for my use. Also, FWIW I can get everything using the Firefox brower, so that may be the answer for Mac users.

Comment

I’ll try Firefox on my Mac Laptop; on my iPAD, it generates the same screen as Safari.
              "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Firefox and Chrome on the iPad are a different animal than on a Mac computer.... my understanding is that they still use the "guts" of Safari on the iPad, and as a result have the same CDG problem. But Firefox/Chrome on Mac computers is an entirely valid workaround. It's really only on the iPad/iPhone that the Safari issue is a blocker, for that reason.

Comment

Working...
                X