X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Retrotisserie" League Seeks Owners

retrotisseriebaseball@gmail.com.

Originally posted by agellin View Post
    To help alleviate the lack of baseball this summer, I joined a free “retrotisserie” league. The basic concept: each team drafts 21 players from a 3-year period, which is decided on in conjunction with the creator of the concept and the league facilitator, Jason Stubbs. Our league is using 1906-1908, and Jason provides a list of the hitters and pitchers (and their statistics) for the chosen time period. Once all the players are drafted (each team has 24 hours to draft each player), each owner reveals, in 4 separate phases, which 18 (10 hitters, 7 pitchers, and 1 hitter or pitcher) of their 21 players will be used for the scoring lineup to determine the overall winner using the standard 5x5 categories. The “reveal” includes the specific year’s (1906, 1907, or 1908) statistics that is being used for each player. After the winner is determined (no prizes, just bragging rights), each team must keep 9 players and then a new draft begins for the next 3-year period; for our league it will be 1907-1909. It’s a really interesting and fun concept, which allows for multiple drafting strategies. If you’re interested in joining a league, email Jason at retrotisseriebaseball@gmail.com.
    Just a quick update, a new league is forming and we're looking for two new owners. The league is tentatively scheduled to draft players from the 1960-1962 seasons. If interested, contact Jason at the email address above. These free leagues are a lot of fun! It's a chance to relive baseball history while perfecting your drafting skills. Through the first three rounds of my 1906-1908 league, I drafted Honus Wagner, Harry Davis, and Cy Young from the #2 slot (of nine teams).

Comment

The 1977-1979 league is looking for new owners to take over three teams for the 1978-1980 season. Here are the three teams with potential keepers and where they are slotted to draft:

Team J (1st pick next season)
      Rice, Lynn, Willie Wilson, Murphy, Madlock, Sutton

Team E (4th pick next season)
      Yount, Garvey, Rose, Jack Clark, Randolph, Fingers

Team C (10th pick next season)
      Eckersley, Fisk, Larry Parrish, Doyle Alexander, DeCinces, Bumbry

These leagues are free and a great way to spend the winter months reliving baseball history and competing in fantasy baseball. It's also a great way to prepare for the upcoming season. As Ron Shandler notes on page 12 of this year's forecaster: "While you're doing your own off-season draft prep, add retro- drafting to your planning process. It is a worthwhile exercise to help you build better roster construction skills."

I'm currently in the 1906 and 1960 leagues and I really love the experience of playing in these leagues.

If you're interested in joining a league or you'd like more information, please email Jason at
      retrotisseriebaseball@gmail.com.
      Last edited by agellin; 12-30-2020, 08:59 AM.

Comment

The 1977-1979 league is still looking for two owners for the 1978-1980 season:

One team is headlined by Dave Winfield, Dave Parker, Bobby Grich, Rick Langford, Kent Tekulve, and some guy by the name of Ron Guidry. This team drafts 9th.

The other available team features a pitching staff of Jim Palmer, Dennis Eckersley and Gene Garber, and led by hitters Carlton Fisk, Larry Parrish, Doug Decinces, and Al Bumbry. This team drafts 10th.

If you're interested in joining a league or you'd like more information, please email me (Al) at agellin@buffalo.edu or Jason at retrotisseriebaseball@gmail.com.

Comment

Working...
        X