What Happens if...... Worse Case Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happens if...... Worse Case Scenario

Ray - How are you and thank you for continuing to post new information for all of us when there is no baseball. Let me ask this question and I wish I didn't have to. In the worst case scenario, if there is no baseball in 2020 because the owners and MLBPA cannot agree on compensation, will you be able to post new information in a similar fashion for us to get ready for the 2021 season with no 2020 data? Will you be able to post any Facts/Flukes and Hitter/Pitchers columns as you normally do? Your sleepers and young targets are all great columns but with no 2020 stats, how would you post anything new? I guess what I am asking is - have you and your staff discussed how similar or different the offseason will be if no baseball is played this year? Thank you - just wondering since I am disappointed with where the negotiations are currently.

We haven't gone too far down that path yet. Choosing to stay optimistic that we get a partial season this year. If that doesn't happen, we'll have plenty of time to figure out what happens next.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
        We haven't gone too far down that path yet. Choosing to stay optimistic that we get a partial season this year. If that doesn't happen, we'll have plenty of time to figure out what happens next.
        Ray - still optimistic? This baseball season of anywhere between 0-50 games is absolutely ridiculous. 5 days ago Manfred said he was 100% certain there would be baseball and today he is not optimistic at all. Are we all back in kindergarten? What are you thinking these days about everything? Would love your thoughts.

Comment

I'm disgusted at the situation, like everyone else. Don't really have any more fully-formed thoughts beyond that. But back to the original post in this thread, it might be time to start discussing worst-case scenarios.

Comment

Ray - Fingers crossed that maybe we will avoid a complete disaster. Let's say they play 60-66 games this year, will you be able to draw any meaningful conclusions from less than 1/2 of a normal season? Would you expect to have Facts/Flukes and other batting/hitting columns from Stephen Nickrand looking ahead toward 2021. I find your research second to none in the world of fantasy baseball. Thank you.

Comment

Can both sides compromise on games played? The first line in the sand has been eliminated as full pro-rated pay is agreed to. The owners have a reasonable line in the sand with a September 27 final regular season day. With that ending date, the expanded payoffs can be accomplished with an end date of Nov 1. This is in line with Fauci advise. Assuming a July 19 opening day, there will be just 71 days for baseball, possible travel situations and off days. I would assume pretty much all rain out would require doubleheaders and mutual off days will be need in each of the three divisions would be needed towards the end of the season to accommodate late rain outs. At least, all the variables are being reduced. Still, stupidity is a major factor.

Comment

The recent team Covid infections is distrubing. I was becoming optimistic for 60 games before those Covid-19 reports started.
                Red

Comment

Ray - Any thoughts on the question I asked above on making conclusions on 60 games to get ready for the 2021 season? Have you made any decisions on the content of the off-season with only 60 games versus 162. Thank you.

John

Comment

I'm completely focused on getting the site ready to support the 60-game season. Absolutely no thoughts about the offseason ahead at this point... sorry.

Comment

Working...
                    X