Thread: Startup dynasty league_looking for owners

Default Startup dynasty league_looking for owners

DRAFT JUNE 5th
    RULES
    ⚾️ Scoring Format: 5x5 Roto Style Scoring
    ⚾️ Monday-Sunday scoring with lineup changes available on Friday. Basically it will be one week scoring period with lineup changes available on Friday for Fri-Sun games. Lineups lock 10 minutes before the scheduled game for a player.

Hitting: OBP/HR/RBI/R/SB
    PITCHING: ERA/WHIP/K'S/WINS+QUALITY STARTS/SAVES+HOLDS
    ## INNINGS PITCHED REQUIREMENT IS 700. ***for this season we will adjust when MLB reaches a conclusion of play.
    MINIMUM INNINGS PITCHED: Teams are required to log no less than 700 innings pitched during the season. If a team does not achieve 700 innings, they will be awarded a 1 in both the ERA and WHIP category.
    ⚾️ INTITIAL LEAGUE DRAFT- 50 ROUND snake draft.
    *you will be freezing your WHOLE roster from year to year. No nail biting keeper decisions. No separate minor league draft.

⚾️ FUTURE DRAFTS in the ensuing years, the draft will be 10 rounds. We will have a 10 round draft sometime before the season starts, and then you will have to cut your rosters back down to 50 before the season starts.
    * draft will follow a linear path, non snake style. 12th place to 1st place for all rounds
    *these draft picks will be able to be traded at ANY time of the year (during season, pre season, post season), and will also be allowed to trade picks up to 3 years into the future.
    *the draft will be short for these reasons- there should not be a surplus of talent left in the player pool to make this draft necessary to be longer. The majority of your roster movement will be in the intitial draft and during in season pickups and trades. Allowing of trade picks into the future should make for some awesome player movement for the owners. This is your chance to be a MLB GM!

⚾️ ROSTERS 50 SPOTS TOTAL
    *ACTIVE ROSTER- C-2 1B-1 2B-1 3B-1 SS-1 MI-1 CI-1 OF-5 UTILITY-1 = 14 BATTERS + 9 PITCHERS = 23 TOTAL ACTIVE
    *RESERVE ROSTER- 7 SPOTS
    *INJURED RESERVE- 5 SPOTS **player MUST be on MLB IR to be eligible for this spot. When a player returns to health, you have until the following scoring period to activate him (ex, player comes off IR mid week Wednesday, you have until the Monday of the next socring period to place player on active or reserve roster. The injured reserve players DO NOT count against your 50 man roster max

*MINORS ROSTER- 20 SPOTS.
    **MiLB BATTERS- must have 300 at bats or less to retain MINORS eligibility.
    **MiLB PITCHERS- must have 100 innings pitched or less to retain MINORS eligibility
    Once the players reach this threshold, the same rules will apply as to how to activate an injured player. You will have until the next Monday to now activate the former minor leaguer to your active or reserve roster.

MINOR LEAGUE to MAJOR LEAGUE PROMOTION:

One of the major reasons you have elected to play in a dynasty league is to have the ability to draft exciting young players and then promote them during the season to your major league roster. The following rules outline how and when you may promote players from your minor league roster to your major league roster:

You may promote prospects once they have met Major League Eligibility Status (MLES). MLES is defined as a player who has either made ONE major league at-bat OR has a 1/3 of an inning credited to their pitching stats. Minor League players must remain on the Minor League roster until MLES is met.
    Minor Leaguers who are promoted to their MLB team’s roster (or promoted and demoted several times) may remain on Minor League rosters until he crosses one of the following thresholds:

Position Players: 300 career MLB at-bats

o Pitchers: 100 career MLB innings-pitched

Once a Minor Leaguer has crossed either of these thresholds, he MUST be transferred to the Major League roster immediately or be dropped to free agency.

Minor Leaguers who have crossed a threshold are considered MLB free agents. Once a player has exhausted his Minor League eligibility he may NEVER be placed on a Minor League roster again.
    The signing of Minor League free agents becomes prohibited following July 31 annually. However, if a minor league player with ZERO AB’s or innings pitched and achieves MLES after July 31st and that player was NOT included in the current year MLB draft, that player may be picked up in FAAB. On the surface, this rule seems trivial but is in fact important as it keeps all new players added in the June amateur draft available for the Dynasty League’s annual draft the following year.

⚾️TRANSACTION POLICIES

* TRADE DEADLINE 8/31..in a normal year, this will be adjusted as the season gets more clarity
    * TRADES: Managers are allowed to make trades all season until the trade deadline (Midnight, August 31st, eastern time). After the trade deadline, managers may not make any trades until exactly one week after the conclusion of the World Series. The league office will review all trades only.

The spirit of this league will be a NO VETO LEAGUE.

* FAAB- add drop will be done usiing the Free Agent Auction Bidding process.
    Each team will have $100 to spend over the course of the year. Minimum bid is $1, there will be no zero dollar bids. There will be 2 add/drop processes per week.
    *BIDS will be processed on Thursday and Sunday at 10 PM, for effect for Friday/Monday lineup period. I made it 10 PM so we can see the results before we go to bed instead of early in the morning then rushing to change lineups.

LEAGUE FEE WILL BE $25 THIS YEAR TO COVER COST OF THE LEAGUE, UNLESS WE VOTE TO MAKE IT MORE. THIS YEAR IS MORE/LESS TO ESTABLISH THE LEAGUE AND familiarIZE YOURSELF with the dynasty league season

⚾️GOING FORWARD:

$75 per year buy-in with a two-year commitment – meaning, you’ve got to pay $150 to join for a minimum of two-years. However, our goal is to keep the league alive for many years.
    $7 per person will go toward the site. $8 will go toward a side pot to be used for aanyone who wins back to back chips. The pot would go to the winner in the second year then replenished.
    ⚾️$720 will be divided as such
    1st place $420

2nd place $ 200

3rd place $100

PARTICIPATION: “Dead” managers (managers who don’t respond to trades, keep their team current, etc.) will not be tolerated. If a team is vacated in any way at any point during the calendar year, the league office will assume control of the team and its players until a replacement manager is found for the franchise.

LEAGUE INTEGRITY: From time to time, an issue may surface that requires commissioner attention that no rule has been established to govern. The league office reserves the right to make decisions based on maintaining the integrity of the league when/if such issues arise. any decision may be overturned with a league majority vote

POSITION ELIGIBILITY: If a player has (20) games played last season at a particular position, or (10) games played in the current season at a particular position, he earns eligibility for that position.

ROSTER CUTS: During the off-season, teams are allowed to carry more than the stated 50 man rosters, if they were acquired via trade or the draft. Extra players must be cut from rosters no later March 22nd. If you fail to trim your roster by the deadline, the league office will cut players at its discretion.

STUPIDITY: The league office will not show mercy for managers who make line up mistakes based on information provided by the web host or Major League Baseball. Specifically, GMs are responsible for keeping up with game schedules, doubleheaders, starting pitchers, etc. on their own. No line-up changes will be approved after the first game on Monday.

FREE AGENCY: The free agency signing period for both Major and Minor League players begins during the first run of FAAB, which will be a week before the start of the season. The date will be communicated by the commissioner. After July 31st (or the last FAAB before July 31st), minor league players who do not have any major league service-time (defined as at least one AB or 1/3 of an inning pitched), may not be picked up. However, after July 31st, if a minor league player is promoted to the majors and receives one AB or pitches at least a 1/3 of inning, they may be picked up through the FAAB process. Under NO circumstances may a player drafted in the Major League Rule 4 draft who signs during the current year be picked up. As an example: Carlos Correra was chosen as the top pick in the 2012 Rule 4 First Year Player draft. He could not be picked up in-season and will therefore be made available for the 2013 draft. Additionally, foreign players signed after the first FAAB run may not be picked up until the following year’s draft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by letsgomets23; 05-26-2020 at 08:54 AM.

I'd be interested . . . a couple of questions though. Which site (e.g. CBS, Fantrax) are you planning to use to host the league? Will the league use a slow draft?

Would be using Fantrax ( my first venture onto that site, i use CBS for the other 3 leagues i commish/co-commish). Have not decided in the slow draft or regular draft setting yet.

I'm in . . . If you are taking a straw poll, I'd prefer a slow draft (at least for the initial 50 rounder).

I’m in

@be_bulldog @soxtwin awesome guys i will message you guys privately to get your emails. This is my first dynasty league attempt so im super excited. Thanks for the interest

I'm interested. I, too, would prefer a slow draft

How many Owners? Al and NL? all new to me!
    I'm interested

@ slowroller. Its mixed.
    I haveit set for 12 but im willing to go 15 max if we can get there
    @robe it would most likely be a combo of both, regular draft to start then slow draft at predetermined round. If you guys want in let me know i will email invites!

Count me in, I'll send you a private message with my email

Slowroller we need more just had a drop out. Interested?

I'm interested if there are still openings.

Big Mac i sent you a private message. We have room if you want in whats your email