SoCAL: 2nd or 3rd oldest ROTO league in the world - need 1-3 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCAL: 2nd or 3rd oldest ROTO league in the world - need 1-3 owners

WE are allegedly the 2nd or 3rd oldest ROTO league in the world, The Lamppost pizza Rotisserie League. A live auction draft happening in late March in Yorba Linda, CA, we are looking for 1-3 new owners as ,obviously, we have some older owners that need replacing. It's a $350 buy in with a $300 salary cap, live auction so you need to be there. You only get to add/drop one player on May 1st and 5 players at the All Star Break. 22 starters, 12 reserves. This league is all about the draft. First place is around $1800, we pay 1st-4th and the team that gains the most points after the all star break that doesn't finish in the top 4 spots gets their league fee back. Any interest contact me a jeffleal99@gmail.com

Originally posted by intimadavis View Post
    WE are allegedly the 2nd or 3rd oldest ROTO league in the world, The Lamppost pizza Rotisserie League.
    What year did you guys start?

Comment

1982. Some folks playing Fantasy Baseball today weren't even alive then . Now we have replaced some of the original folks with newer and younger players but what makes this league unique is the rules and group of guys. Draft is at a local pizza parlor -- good eats and a good time for all !

Comment

Nice! I'm in a league that started in 1985. I'd love to join you but I'm on the other side of the country!

Comment

I grew up going to Lamppost after football games in High School! In Costa Mesa.

You still looking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Freedom ! YES we are. Please contact our league commish Jeff Leal @ jeffleal99@gmail.com. Please mention me Tim Davis as to of referred you Good luck !

Comment

the first Rotisserie League book came out in March 1984, and we bought the book and formed our still-existing league a couple of weeks later.

that said, I believe there was an Inside Sports - a would-be rival to Sports Illustrated that I subscribed to - article on Rotisserie Baseball in 1982. the first league auction itself was 1980, iirc, at a Manhattan restaurant with that name.

also, the philosophy of the original book indeed was basically "it's all about the auction."

you could make trades, though those tended to be infrequent. you only got 3 waiver moves of crappy players all season - and you could only claim bums waived by other teams. if you had a player hit the DL, you could replace him - but when the original player returned, you had to waive one or the other, unless you happened to have another opening at that time. no benches - there wasn't even a farmhand draft yet. lose a player to AL? too bad.
              Last edited by Howie M; 02-29-2020, 08:34 PM.
              NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
              our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
              a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Bummer. I live in Yorba Linda, but my home league drafts are the last weekend in March. Would have been fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X