isolating quality starting pitchers with lower projected innings/season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isolating quality starting pitchers with lower projected innings/season

I assume that Innings Pitched per season is baked into the Roto dollar value for each pitcher in your projections. What I would like to do is to isolate those starters with lower projected innings for the season (say, 110 - 130) who would rank much higher if their innings totals reached 160-185. I am interested in drafting starting pitching and taking the hit on innings in order to get a higher quality starter for a lower auction price.

If you could somehow take a minimum of 110 innings, but adjust all of the starters at that innings level.

If you used the Custom Draft Guide, but made "innings pitched" a negative number, would that give you the desired result? I would have to cull out the relievers, but it also might help me spot some bargains there, as well.
    "All pitchers are liars or crybabies." Yogi Berra
    26th year, 5x5 redraft, mixed league, 12 teams
    24th year, 5x5, redraft, AL only, 10 teams (only 8 teams this season)

You don't want to do that with valuations. Just take the projections or the CDG results to Excel. Set a filter of IP > 110 or whatever you want. Then sort by BPV.

Comment

Originally posted by elias View Post
      I assume that Innings Pitched per season is baked into the Roto dollar value for each pitcher in your projections. What I would like to do is to isolate those starters with lower projected innings for the season (say, 110 - 130) who would rank much higher if their innings totals reached 160-185. I am interested in drafting starting pitching and taking the hit on innings in order to get a higher quality starter for a lower auction price.

If you could somehow take a minimum of 110 innings, but adjust all of the starters at that innings level.

If you used the Custom Draft Guide, but made "innings pitched" a negative number, would that give you the desired result? I would have to cull out the relievers, but it also might help me spot some bargains there, as well.
      If I understand you correctly:

You could export to Excel and set up a new category column as $/IP (although probably easier to understand if you set it up as $/100 IP).

Then it is pretty easy at a glance to do a bit of mental, “what if” arithmetic to figure how much for instance Alex Reyes might be worth if he could pitch 150 innings. Or how much Scherzer would be worth if his neck acts up and he misses three months.
      http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

Working...
      X