Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Dynasty - looking for last few owners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dynasty - looking for last few owners.

I am helping our commissioner recruit. I've played in a few leagues (mostly draft & hold) with him and he's a very intelligent fantasy player. Now retired, he decided to put together a great set of rules for what should be a long-term, fun, fantasy baseball league. Details below.

16-24 teams, $150 annual fee, Fantrax Treasurer
    Scoring is pretty standard 5x5 Roto: OBP, HR, R, RBI, SB, (W+QS), ERA, WHIP, K, (2xS+H)
    60-round Inaugural Draft beginning January 12th. Slow draft. Combined MLB/MiLB.

Unique/Interesting rules:
    20% of the prize pool is carried over each year, creating a gradually increasing pool. 1st place in season 6 will be twice the amount of 1st place in season 1.
    Mid-season decision by all teams to play for prize money or draft position. Team finishing highest among those playing for draft position gets #1 pick.
    Players acquired in the draft are keep forever. Players acquired via FAAB are 1-year (drop at end of season) contracts.
    26-man Active Roster, no Reserve Roster, standard IL Roster. Everybody plays. No streaming except for minors-eligible (130AB, 50IP) players between Active and Minors Rosters.
    Off-season Competitive Balance Draft. 2 rounds. Each team protects 15 players plus all minors-eligible players.
    All players who are cut go through 2-day waiver period. If player clears waivers, he goes to waiving team's Minors Roster instead of the free agent pool (similar to DFA process in MLB). Makes him available to be recalled to the Active Roster.
    Trades processed overnight each day. No vetoes.

Feedback on the constitution has been extremely positive from veteran fantasy players, including other dynasty commissioners.
    Email jrsewall@gmail.com for a copy of the constitution and a league invite.
    My team: 10-Team AL-Only Keeper: 5x5 (OBP & K-BB)

An update from the league:

We've crossed the threshold of 16 paid teams, so time to update this message.

A big thanks to everyone who helped recruit for the league. I'll continue to accept new teams until we reach 24 who have paid or verbally committed, or the payment deadline is reached.

The payment deadline is 11:59pm ET on January 9th. There has been plenty of notice so this deadline will not be extended.

Shortly after the deadline, I
    will remove all unpaid teams from the league and run the fantrax draft position randomizer. Once the draft positions are determined, you will be able to enter the draft room and prepare for the draft.

The draft will start at 10:00am ET on January 12th.

Comment

Last update.

We currently have 18 paid owners. The deadline for sign-up/payment is 1-9-19. The draft is for sure starting 1-12-19 as well.

Comment

Working...
      X