Getting inline images to display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting inline images to display?

Is there any way to make inline images display in posts? This used to work fine once upon a time, but for the last couple of years (at least) all I seem to be able to put into a post by using the "Insert Image" button is a link to a copy of the image.

For example:

TwilightZone_WilliamShatner_Diner.jpg

Aside from the occasional fun of a well-chosen image, that used to be a pretty handy way for me to display tables or other information.
    2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
    Is there any way to make inline images display in posts? This used to work fine once upon a time, but for the last couple of years (at least) all I seem to be able to put into a post by using the "Insert Image" button is a link to a copy of the image.

For example:

[ATTACH]2036[/ATTACH]

Aside from the occasional fun of a well-chosen image, that used to be a pretty handy way for me to display tables or other information.
    Hmmm, wasn't aware this has changed, but should be configurable. I'll poke at it.

Comment

Thanks!
      2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

You fixed it! Awesome!

* 10-team AL-only, auction ($260 budget), 2 yr contracts wi/toppers, max 13 freezes, $100 FAAB with weekly auctions, 4x4 with hybrid categories
        * 14H/9P (+8 reserve draft), with liberal movement between active and reserve rosters
        * Hitting: OBP, HR, RP, BADV = SB+2B+2*3B
        * Pitching: ERA, SV+HLD, QIP = 2*IP-baserunners, WQG = W+QO+CG (
        QO = 5/6/8 IP with 2/3/4 ER or fewer)

Comment

Well look at that!

Comment

This is weird. Below, I post this link:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ZuMBxvv.png[/img]

And the image shows up:

In the Michael Chavis thread on the AL player page, I posted the exact same link, but the image doesn't show -- only the link.
            * 10-team AL-only, auction ($260 budget), 2 yr contracts wi/toppers, max 13 freezes, $100 FAAB with weekly auctions, 4x4 with hybrid categories
            * 14H/9P (+8 reserve draft), with liberal movement between active and reserve rosters

Comment

Played with this a bit, and I'm stumped. I'll have tech take a look.
              Attached Files

Comment

Ray:

Can you re-examine this in-line image issue? It seems in-line image visibility is set at a forum level. I did a mini-test of the 3 forums in the "HQ Support" category.

In-line images do NOT appear in the Editorial Help Line forum (Image test 1).

In-line images DO appear in the Unclassified Ads forum (Image test 2).

And, of course, in-line images DO appear in this HQ Tech Support forum (see my other posts here).

Comment

I changed something just now, but it doesn't appear to be subforum specific, so not sure it will help. Still, give it another try.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                    I changed something just now, but it doesn't appear to be subforum specific, so not sure it will help. Still, give it another try.
                    Unfortunately, no. Still the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X