Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have to log in over and over when using the forums. My bad or yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to log in over and over when using the forums. My bad or yours?

I love the HQ forums and read them a lot.
    Recently, HQ tech helped me update my user name and password so that they matched my HQ login.

Now, I eventually get to the forums, but often, and I do mean often, I have to go through the login process again and again.
    Any idea what is causing this?

Thank you.
    N.L. only- 5 X 5, keeper.

There's only one setting on my side that can help with this, and you already have it.

On your side:
    1. Make sure to check the 'remember me' box under the username/password field when logging into the forums.
    2. Make sure your browser is accepting cookies from baseballhq.com.

If all three of the above are in place, you should only have to log in every couple of weeks.

Comment

Thanks again, Ray.
      I do number 1.
      So, how do I make sure my browser is accepting cookies from baseballhq.com?
      Thank you!

Comment

Depends on your browser, sorry... can't easily explain here. Google it.

Comment

Originally posted by VikingLion View Post
          I love the HQ forums and read them a lot.
          Recently, HQ tech helped me update my user name and password so that they matched my HQ login.

Now, I eventually get to the forums, but often, and I do mean often, I have to go through the login process again and again.
          Any idea what is causing this?

Thank you.
          I have the same problem. I have to log in with my user name and then the password pops in. Sometimes when I go from post to post I have to re-log in.

Comment

Also make sure that your browser isn't configured to delete temp files, cookies, etc. whenever it is closed. Or if you're using some sort of "PC cleaner" utility which does the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_T View Post
              Also make sure that your browser isn't configured to delete temp files, cookies, etc. whenever it is closed. Or if you're using some sort of "PC cleaner" utility which does the same thing.
              Yes, very good tips here.

Comment

Ray. I never had this problem until I had you change my password a few weeks ago to match my log in and password with the rest of the site. That's when the trouble began. Any ideas on why changing my password could cause this? It's really a pain, and I like to use the forums.

Comment

Nothing else in my control, sorry. Check your browser settings as mentioned above. That’s all I’ve got.

Comment

And just like that my problem disappeared. Weird.

Comment

Glad to hear it!

Comment

but I did lose my post icon

Comment

When I use Internet Explorer, I have no problem. When I use Google Chrome, I have problems. So, it probably is, as you say, in the settings.

Comment

Working...
                          X