Does BHQ ever reconcile Playing Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does BHQ ever reconcile Playing Time?

I think I've asked this before, but I can't find my question if I did. By reconcile, I mean make it's projections to be 100% per position. For instance, right now, the various OF projections for SD is 345% percent for the three positions, which means someone is obviously over projected. I know that this is deliberate in the pre-season. What I don't remember is if the projects are adjusted as opening day approaches and PT becomes more clear.
    10 team NL Only 5x5 auction keeper league, 20-25% inflation each year. $330 in-season salary cap

Originally posted by AutomatedTeller View Post
    What I don't remember is if the projects are adjusted as opening day approaches and PT becomes more clear.
    They are.
    If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
    -Bill Lyon

Comment

Yes, we're a lot closer to 100% per position than we were in, say, January. And by Opening Day weekend, we get there... and basically hold it all season long.

Comment

doesn't 345% also reflect pinch-hitting AB's

Comment

Originally posted by bowi8son View Post
          doesn't 345% also reflect pinch-hitting AB's
          No, you could add another 5% or so to cover those, DH starts in AL parks, etc. But 45% would be way too much for that. And you start to get to a point where you're assuming a level of precision that doesn't really exist, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
            Yes, we're a lot closer to 100% per position than we were in, say, January. And by Opening Day weekend, we get there... and basically hold it all season long.

thanks. that's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.
            10 team NL Only 5x5 auction keeper league, 20-25% inflation each year. $330 in-season salary cap

Comment

A thought... Could you guys maybe add a PT total for each team (i.e. simply a "TOTAL" row) so that it is easy to see in a glance of there is excess PT projected?
              * 10-team AL-only, auction ($260 budget), 2 yr contracts wi/toppers, max 13 freezes, $100 FAAB with weekly auctions, 4x4 with hybrid categories
              * 14H/9P (+8 reserve draft), with liberal movement between active and reserve rosters
              * Hitting: OBP, HR, RP, BADV = SB+2B+2*3B
              * Pitching: ERA, SV+HLD, QIP = 2*IP-baserunners, WQG = W+QO+CG (
              QO = 5/6/8 IP with 2/3/4 ER or fewer)

Comment

Working...
              X