Craig Kimbrel - Depth Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Kimbrel - Depth Charts

Just a quick question really. Craig Kimbrel still factors significantly in the BBHQ depth chart for the Boston Red Sox even though he is a free agent, but other significant free agents do not factor in their last team's depth chart at all (like Bryce Harper). Is there the thought he is most likely to return to the Red Sox (which I think is growing more unlikely everyday), or if not when is the decision made to update the team depth charts based on a more likely scenario of reality?

I'll move this to another forum where it is more likely to be seen by the right BaseballHQ folks.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Yes, we're handling Kimbrel differently than other FAs. The reason is a technical one: the way the site calculates projected saves is as a percentage of a defined team total. We actually did move Kimbrel to an FA status a couple of weeks ago, but when we did that, his projected Saves got zeroed out, because there was no team saves denominator available for his Saves projection.

We figured it was better to show him with Boston and with Saves projected, than as an FA with zero saves. The latter would have a much bigger impact on his projected dollar value, etc.

Comment

Thanks! I guess it depends on whether you are more interested in the projections for Kimbrel, or possible projections for Barnes, Brasier and company with him gone. I think you tried to do this as best one could possibly determine.

Comment

Those should be independent. We are not bound to 100% on the saves projection. We can overproject the team so that you see saves on those guys too.

Comment

Working...
          X