Fun Very Active League Looking To Expand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Very Active League Looking To Expand

Established league that has experienced players in it. The one thing about this league is, it is very active and engaged. The Commish has a great set up and does weekly recaps of the matchups. Owners stretch from coast to coast, so that means a varied fan base. We all joke and have fun but all in good taste. Most importantly we are a serious league that love more then anything the bragging rights of being league champ. If your the type that likes fun baseball trivia you're in luck. Obscure players dredged from the depths of summer days, Big League Chew and post game Dairy Queen runs. All of them to be brought up randomly to remedy the reality of adulthood. This is called FANTASY people so have fun! You'll see that in this league and we also know how to compete and do everything we can to beat the other guy by being smart, active, engaged and ready on draft night!

League setup

$100 Buy In (will be voting on $125 this year)

5X5 H2H Weekly matchups. 2 Keepers but can only Keep a player for the year you draft him and the following year. We are voting on to see if we go to 3 Keepers this year. $275 Starting Auction purse. ESPN Online Draft

Friday March 22 9PM Is Draft

OBP
    Runs
    RBI
    HR
    Steals

ERA
    WHIP
    Ks
    Wins
    Saves

There's a ton a banter back and forth and we are always voting on trades. We would love to go to 14 and we have 12 right now. Want to go to a 14 Team League.

Very competitive league with a varied path to how teams are built. This honestly is the most fun for me personally. Now as you join (I hope) you'll see how teams are built. Which means your not always fighting over the same path to building a team.

There is a vetting process and a League Constitution that you will be emailed. I and the Commish will reach out to you and just shoot the breeze mostly about baseball ( I know twist my arm) to see what you may like and don't like. Good fit for the league, nothing vexing just like to bullshit really. If we get one and stay a 12 Teamer that is fine, if we get 3 owners and expand to 14 that's even better! Feel free to leave a message and leave your email or DM me on here. I hope all of you a great season that read this and hope to gain a few new active players for our league.

I tip my cap and raise my single malt.
    Last edited by Jacob; 01-31-2019, 09:49 AM.

not for me, but I love the energy.

and you guys would get a kick out of how, if any of us hover over the thread, it ends exactly here.....

"Established league that has experienced players in it. The one thing about this league is, it is very active and engaged. The Commish has a great set"
    NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
    our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
    a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Howie M View Post
      not for me, but I love the energy.

and you guys would get a kick out of how, if any of us hover over the thread, it ends exactly here.....

"Established league that has experienced players in it. The one thing about this league is, it is very active and engaged. The Commish has a great set"
      Thank you for pointing out my flaw in the post Howie, I appreciate that very much. Nothing like writing a post after a long day of work trying to find a serious player to get bathroom level humor.

I'm disappointed in you Howie I expect better effort from someone who lists his fantasy baseball accomplishments under his member name.....

oh and the post ends here...…………………………………………………………………………………..I lied its actually over here...……...

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun great write-up and good luck!
        mixed keeper auction 16 teams high stakes $ long running with consistent ownership - *16 teams this year 2019*!
        5x5 (obp instead of avg) and 24 active players,10 pitchers.
        8 reserve slots ($3, snake draft). 3 minors slots. 260 budget. 100 faab budget weekly.
        8 roster keepers - max 3 years @ +$3 1st year kept, +$4 2nd year, +$7 third year.
        3 Minors keepers +$1/year

Comment

Working...
        X