Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will CDG be populated with 2019 projections?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will CDG be populated with 2019 projections?

I ordered the Baseball Forecaster but this tool is a must for startup drafts, I have one coming up....should be soon?

From another active thread, let me cut and paste this response.
    Originally posted by Whistler View Post
    And when will CDG be loaded with 2019 projections?
    Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    Aiming for next Friday, 12/14 for projections on the site.
    Keep in mind though that the December 14 projectons will be just the initial set of projections. The dollar values are dependent on how the players in the pool, so refinements to playing time indirectly affect the dollar values of all the entire pool of players. You're probably aware of this if you've conducted a draft this early in the off-season.
    Last edited by Michael@HQ; 12-06-2018, 04:06 PM. Reason: typo corrected
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

CDG = Custom Draft Guide in case there are newcomers reading this.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Elaborating on Michael's post above, the various analysts (and that includes me) are in the midst of putting together their playing time estimates for the teams they are responsible for. They're due to Ray by the middle of next week. If handled as in the past, Ray will use those numbers to put together an initial set of projections. There will inevitably be a couple of days where various things jump out as wrong -- for example, guys with too many or not enough innings or starts -- it then takes another few days to massage things into a very useful data set. Then remember the analysts are regularly updated their playing time projections based on trades, signings, injuries not only throughout the offseason, but well into next September.
        "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael@HQ View Post
          From another active thread, let me cut and paste this response.

Keep in mind though that the December 14 projectons will be just the initial set of projections. The dollar values are dependent on how the players in the pool, so refinements to playing time indirectly affect the dollar values of all the entire pool of players. You're probably aware of this if you've conducted a draft this early in the off-season.
          Still looking like tomorrow to populate 2019 projections? I am in beginnings of my startup dynasty draft. Have the book, but spreadsheet would be glorious

Comment

Yes, should have initial set tomorrow. As noted above, though, there's inevitably some settling time involved. The data set won't be complete right away, some projections will be missing (generally low-PT players). So, while there should be spreadsheets available sometime tomorrow, you'll want to use them with a little bit of care at first.

Comment

Ray - will the CSV file and the HTML file be the same? I remember last year sometimes they were different. The CSV file is the one that can be downloaded. Thank you Ray. Christmas is on 12/14 this year.

Comment

Yes I think we resolved those issues. Maybe not straight first thing tomorrow but once the nightly updates are scheduled that should be a non-issue.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                  Yes, should have initial set tomorrow. As noted above, though, there's inevitably some settling time involved. The data set won't be complete right away, some projections will be missing (generally low-PT players). So, while there should be spreadsheets available sometime tomorrow, you'll want to use them with a little bit of care at first.
                  STill not out there as of 11am PST

Comment

Originally posted by bigwhitesled View Post
                    STill not out there as of 11am PST
                    I didn't give a time.

They're up now. Let's track issues here: https://forums.baseballhq.com/showth...86#post1035386

Locking this thread...

Comment

Working...
                    X