No announcement yet.

Draft software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are numerous posts on this topic over the years, but the short answer is that HQ and Rotolab prices will never match exactly, unless you choose the option in Rotolab to use the exact HQ values (which you can do under the Settings section in Rotolab).

There are just too many different controls, sliders, and tweaks available on either side... all of the controls in the Custom Draft Guide on the site side, and all of the controls/sliders/knobs you can turn in Rotolab. You can get them in the neighborhood, but that's really as close as you can get without totally disappearing down a wormhole.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
      There are numerous posts on this topic over the years, but the short answer is that HQ and Rotolab prices will never match exactly, unless you choose the option in Rotolab to use the exact HQ values (which you can do under the Settings section in Rotolab).

There are just too many different controls, sliders, and tweaks available on either side... all of the controls in the Custom Draft Guide on the site side, and all of the controls/sliders/knobs you can turn in Rotolab. You can get them in the neighborhood, but that's really as close as you can get without totally disappearing down a wormhole.
      I've found the varying values to be useful, especially in instances where I'm unsure of what I want to value someone. Let's take Darvish, Myers or Mauer, for example. Being able to have 2 values, each of which I trust the methodology in which they were reached, gives me some bit of idea/confidence/range when bidding. It also gives me a heads up when preparing for a draft and estimating what others value certain players at. Of course, there are the anomalies like Uehara and Nolasco that I just throw out from the start and choose to go with Value A, Value B, or somewhere in between.

As someone who was anal about the values not matching up when I first used Rotolab, I've learned that the differences can be a very useful tool.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
        X