Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need 2 Managers-Competitive 12-Team,Yahoo 5x5 ML Roto Lg w/Keepers. No $$ Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 2 Managers-Competitive 12-Team,Yahoo 5x5 ML Roto Lg w/Keepers. No $$ Required

UPDATE! Team #2 has been spoken for so we now need only 1 Manager at this point (Team #1 - roster below)

Most of our managers in the league have been playing together since 2008. This year we have openings for two new managers as we've had some turnover. We are a 12-Team, 5x5, ML, Daily Roto League with modified keepers (see Keeper Rules below). Standard categories except we use SVs+HLDs. Waivers are on a continuous rolling basis with $100 FAB per team - highest blind bid wins - ties based on waiver wire priority. Live online draft normally conducted at 3 pm on the last Sunday (at 3 pm ET) before the start of the season (whenever that may be this year). This is a very competitive league, although we don't play for money.

Roster Composition:
    Hitters - 14 total with 1 Catcher, 2 UT
    Pitchers - 3 SP, 2 RP, 5 P (can be either type). Max IP - 1,400.
    Other - 5 BN slots, 3 IL slots. 2 Reserve slots for players with NA designation - unfortunately, through a Yahoo system restriction, we can't draft directly into these slots but players can be moved around on your as soon as the draft is completed - any empty slots can then be filled from the FA pool.

Keeper Rules: (Much less complicated than this is about to sound on first reading!)
    1. 3 players - kept for 1 year (these players go back into the draft pool after the current season)
    2. 3 additional players - kept for 2 years (these go back into the draft pool after the 2023 season)
    3. 3 more players - kept for 3 years (these go back into the draft pool after the 2024 season)
    4. Keepers are preloaded into the draft based on their current Yahoo ADP ranking, meaning they become your draft pick for that round. It is possible to have multiple keepers that fall into the same round, in which case the player with the lower ADP will go into the 1st round and the second player will go into the next round (which could cause another player to be bumped). For example, I have both Jose Ramirez and Bo Bichette designated as keepers on my team - in the event they both have first-round ADPs (i.e. Yahoo ranks each of them between 1-12), one would be my first-round pick and the other my second-round pick. This can cause further bumps down the line (for example, one year I didn't have a draft pick until the 10th round).
    5. You are NOT required to keep any players if you so choose - this would allow you to retain all of your draft picks for the upcoming draft.
    6. Each year you can add 3 new keepers from your season-ending roster, except that you can't keep those going back into the draft pool (I've already eliminated them from the roster shown below). This results in a rolling maximum of 9 keepers in any given year (except should you trade for a keeper during the season, in which case you don't have to make a decision until declaring the following years' keepers).
    7. Keepers can be moved to an earlier year (i.e from 2024 to 2023/2022 or from 2023 to 2022 for the upcoming draft).
    8. However, you cannot move a keeper to a future year once designated into a particular year group (for example, you cannot move a 2023 player to 2024) - this is how we prevent the league from becoming a true dynasty league.
    9. Keeper lists will be due 1 (one) week prior to the draft.
    10. We find that this keeper system adds a level of additional strategy to a traditional re-draft league but does not impose the restrictions of a dynasty league.

I am happy to answer any questions. Following are year-end rosters for the teams needing managers, along with a partial list of available players in this year's draft. Teams will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact me directly at my email - curtb811@yahoo.com. Note that I may not see your response on here right away so email is the best.

Team 1 - Will draft #7. This team has no designated keepers. If you wish to add keepers this is your starting point.
    Hitters
    Eric Haase, Joey Votto, Nick Gordon, Josh Donaldson, Jonathan Villar, Myles Straw, Austin Riley, Giancarlo Stanton, Randy Arozarena, Starling Marte
    Anthony Rizzo, Marcus Semien, Matt Chapman
    Pitchers
    Lance McCullers, Dane Dunning, Jake Woodford, Tyler Duffy, Bailey Falter, Aaron Bummer, Aroldis Chapman, Jake McGee, Ashton Goudeau
    Jesus Luzardo, Joe Musgrove, Stephen Strasburg

Some players that will be available in this year’s draft - There could be others depending on other teams’ keeper selections. Remember - even though you sit in draft position #7, you will likely have a very good chance at getting one (or maybe more) of the top players shown below:
    Trevor Story, Corbin Burnes, Max Scherzer, Tim Anderson, Marcus Semien, George Springer, Alex Bregman, Marcell Ozuna, Max Scherzer, Kenley Jansen, Francisco Lindor
    Clayton Kershaw,
    Raisel Iglesias, Ozzie Albies, Brandon Woodruff, Nolan Arenado, Whit Merrifield, Nelson Cruz, Aaron Nola, Edwin Diaz, Mookie Betts Hyun Jin Ryu
    Last edited by curtisb908; 02-14-2022, 01:17 PM.
    12 Team ML, Daily 5x5, Roto Draft (2-C,1B,2B,3B.SS.CI,MI, 5-OF,UT,3-SP,2-RP,4-P,5-BN,1-DL), 9 "Rolling" Keepers
Working...
X