• circle360
    replied
    Looking for 1 last person.

Posting in a few threads to get the last person

Leave a comment:

• Cigar
    replied
    Originally posted by KEP@HQ View Post
    Nah.... Think that's from the TV series Bewitched.
    Yup

Leave a comment:

• KEP@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by PHIL@HQ View Post
    I’m over 55 and not sure I remember this - but could it be the Marx brothers.
    Nah.... Think that's from the TV series Bewitched.

Leave a comment:

• PHIL@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Cigar View Post
    Calling Dr. Bombay, Calling Dr. Bombay, Come right away.

No one under the age of 55 will likely understand this.
    I’m over 55 and not sure I remember this - but could it be the Marx brothers.

Leave a comment:

• Cigar
    replied
    Calling OT!
    Calling Dr. Bombay, Calling Dr. Bombay, Come right away.

No one under the age of 55 will likely understand this.

Leave a comment:

• Cigar
    replied
    OK, I'm convinced. I'll vote for 1 catcher slot and 2 UT.

Leave a comment:

• Cigar
    replied
    Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
    Well sure, but stick him behind the plate and I suspect base stealers would run on him.
    He still might have thrown out more than Wilson Ramos.

Leave a comment:

• Patioboater
    replied
    Originally posted by circle360 View Post
    I get the being burned part. Its just a lot worse in a draft and hold. I think it was Pb last yr. He took Sal Perez and lost him for the year and had backups for the rest of the year basically. That kinda changed my mindset on it in this format
    Alas, that was probably the least of that team's problems. Despite that disaster among disasters, I still tend to like two catchers, but I'm happy either way. The world's a dangerous place. You draft a good catcher; he gets hurt. You draft an ace pitcher; he gets hurt. You draft mid-level pitchers; they all stink. You draft a bunch of really good batters; they all stink, then get hurt. You draft some closers; they all lose their job. And those were the *highlights* for that team.

Leave a comment:

• Patioboater
    replied
    I suspect that Hank Aaron (at age 85) may have been able to hit 10 HRs last year.
    Well sure, but stick him behind the plate and I suspect base stealers would run on him.

Leave a comment:

• Cigar
    replied
    Originally posted by agellin View Post
    Last year, with the HR explosion there were 32 catchers that had 10 or more home runs...catching is not as weak a hitting position as it once was.
    I suspect that Hank Aaron (at age 85) may have been able to hit 10 HRs last year.

Leave a comment:

• Doc1966
    replied
    Originally posted by agellin View Post
    Last year, with the HR explosion there were 32 catchers that had 10 or more home runs...catching is not as weak a hitting position as it once was.
    I'm not a purist - I don't find getting a second catcher or a backup any fun at all. Taking the top 15 catchers plus one or two backups each pretty much exhausts the pool of usable offensive players at the position.

Leave a comment:

• Cigar
    replied
    Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
    Just saw the PM and this thread. If there’s still another slot left, I’m in.
    Calling OT!

Leave a comment:

• Cigar
    replied
    I"m OK either way re: 1 or 2 Cs.

Leave a comment:

• agellin
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X