Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone want to do a Draft and Hold League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• circle360
    replied
    I' emailed Fantrax and see if I can make it even easier for us

To see if they can do a Best ball thats 5 x 5 . Not just points based

Leave a comment:

• Cigar
    replied
    Originally posted by circle360 View Post
    If anyone is interested again

Shoot me a PM
    I'm in

Leave a comment:

• Old Tom
    replied
    Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
    As I said in the chat, I vote for taking the weekend off then firing up another one.
    Man, besides this one, I did two for Todd Zola and my H2H league drafted. So I've done four with three more to go. That may be enough for me.

But it was fun, and in fact, it was the most enjoyable draft I've ever had. So ask me in a few days!

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    Originally posted by Howie M View Post
    I'm no ratings expert, but I'd be amazed if tonight's NFL Round 1 doesn't get more eyeballs than Game 7 of the 2019 World Series.

I dont think it will go that high. But it could possibly be in the ballpark. 20 - 22 million?

2019 game 7 had 23+ million viewers

Last years day one of the draft did 11 million

Leave a comment:

• Patioboater
    replied
    I timed myself running a 4.49 down at the local high school and sent a tape around to the various teams. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

It is going to be a weird draft for those front-office guys, who are used to having complete 1,000% knowledge about these players. It'll be a bit of a step back towards drafts in the 60s and 70s when the draft hit the late rounds and front offices would look at college programs and all-star team selections and stats and sometimes pick some fairly random players, especially from the small schools.

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
    I suspect we'll see similar trade action in the first round or two, since a lot of those deals are already worked out in advance, at least provisionally. It might be trickier in the later rounds when the time for each pick goes down. But usually front offices are in their own building anyway and working the phones to make a deal.

The biggest difference might be a spread in the player evaluations. I saw somewhere, somebody speculating that there won't be as much conventional wisdom about which players should go in which round, since a lot of that solidifies as GMs, coaches, scouts, etc., talk to one another at pro days. And by the same token, the usual pundits haven't been able to gather as much info from front offices and scouts about who they like or don't like. That might lead to a lot of guys going in surprising places.

Well it depends on if a player slides and someone finally says screw it and makes a deal for him

See TUA. Ive seen him projected to go all over the place - 5th , 6th and Peter king had him going 13th. If he doesnt go 6th. It will be interesting to see what team moves up to make a deal for him

Your right the mocks are a ton of speculation this year. Since the players didnt have pro days. Most of them were done via ZOOM

Leave a comment:

• Patioboater
    replied
    I suspect we'll see similar trade action in the first round or two, since a lot of those deals are already worked out in advance, at least provisionally. It might be trickier in the later rounds when the time for each pick goes down. But usually front offices are in their own building anyway and working the phones to make a deal.

The biggest difference might be a spread in the player evaluations. I saw somewhere, somebody speculating that there won't be as much conventional wisdom about which players should go in which round, since a lot of that solidifies as GMs, coaches, scouts, etc., talk to one another at pro days. And by the same token, the usual pundits haven't been able to gather as much info from front offices and scouts about who they like or don't like. That might lead to a lot of guys going in surprising places.

Leave a comment:

• Howie M
    replied
    I'm no ratings expert, but I'd be amazed if tonight's NFL Round 1 doesn't get more eyeballs than Game 7 of the 2019 World Series.

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    If anyone is interested again

Shoot me a PM

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    Id be up for that in a week PB

Its not like it took up a lot of time to prep. Plus its basically setting your lineup every sunday night for monday. SO not a ton of prep work.

Tonight is going to be interesting. I wonder if we will see a ton of trades. Since not everyone is in the same room

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    I forgot they have a chat on the home page.

Leave a comment:

• Patioboater
    replied
    As I said in the chat, I vote for taking the weekend off then firing up another one. It's not as if we all need to make substantial changes to our rankings to reflect anything. (I would literally just make a copy of my Excel sheet and remove the highlighting. It should take me about five minutes to be ready for another draft.)

FWIW, these draft-and-hold leagues hardly take any time at all to manage during the season: five minutes if you just replace injured and/or ineffective guys once a week, and maybe ten minutes if you're streaming starting pitchers or dubious platoon hitters. You don't have any of the time needed to try to do trades, scrub the free-agent wire, etc. I guess if you really work hard at it you could spend an hour or two, but it wouldn't make your results any better.

BTW, how crazy is the NFL draft going to be? It's going to be like all of us sitting at home and drafting online.

Leave a comment:

• Cigar
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Tom View Post
    Well, what the hell do we do now?
    Watch the NFL draft for awhile, but then.......?

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    We need a group chat somewhere.

So I can vent. I dont want to get an email from Ray just saying REALLY? lol

Leave a comment:

• Old Tom
    replied
    Well, what the hell do we do now?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X