Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone want to do a Draft and Hold League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posada Adventure
    replied
    1 catcher. Ok. Just navigated to roster page. I think I answered my own questions. LETS......GET.......READY......TO.....RUMBLE!

Leave a comment:

• Posada Adventure
    replied
    Larry, I don’t know if you have rules set up on site so I’ll ask here since everyone is active on this thread. What are roster requirements? I’m in a different draft & hold points league where the site automatically picks our best players performance & counts that towards the points. I don’t have to change lineup or nothing. This is different correct? We are obligated to put our lineup in weekly. 1 catcher or 2 catcher? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Old Tom
    replied
    Don't forget to set up your team name as it will appear in the draft. Still need a few to set up their teams fully.

Leave a comment:

• Old Tom
    replied
    Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
    In my defense I was very busy [reviews last four hours] sitting around the house doing nothing.
    Well, you were annoying your wife, I'm sure.

Leave a comment:

• Patioboater
    replied
    In general it's always a good idea to have a few players lined up, just in case the draft snakes back sooner than expected or you do get busy doing something else. As a practical matter, though, the timing is pretty steady and you'll soon learn the timing of the guys on either side of you.

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    The draft room is Open

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    Originally posted by circle360 View Post
    Here are the basic guidelines here

15 team

5 x 5

HR
    R
    RBI
    SB
    AVG

Win
    SV
    K
    ERA
    WHIP

4 hr time limit.

Clock runs from 7 AM eastern til 11 PM eastern. If your up at at 1045 PM. You will have 11 HRs and 45 Min to pick. See 8 hrs of dead clock time. So that will show long on the time clock then. If your up between 11 and 7. You can still make your picks of course

Fantrax will email you when your up. So if you look at your email

You will see when your up. You dont have to look at the fatrax site every few hrs to see if your up

Once PB responds. I am PMing him now

Ill set the draft order and the draft time and the draft room will be open. Ill post here when thats done
    Originally posted by KEP@HQ View Post
    Is the Draft Room open? I am getting error message when clicking to enter Draft Room. So starting tomorrow?

Like I said Kep

Once I hear from PB. Which I just did. Ill set the draft order and open the draft room

I cant open the draft room. When I dont have the final draft order

Thats why I post things and explain things.

Leave a comment:

• Patioboater
    replied
    In my defense I was very busy [reviews last four hours] sitting around the house doing nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Patioboater
    replied
    Sorry for being a laggard. I just let Circle know that I'll take position #12, which leaves #11.

Leave a comment:

• KEP@HQ
    replied
    Is the Draft Room open? I am getting error message when clicking to enter Draft Room. So starting tomorrow?

Leave a comment:

• KEP@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by circle360 View Post
    Kep. Please accept the invite

Thanks Jon
    Did that. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    Kep. Please accept the invite

Thanks Jon

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    Here are the basic guidelines here

15 team

5 x 5

HR
    R
    RBI
    SB
    AVG

Win
    SV
    K
    ERA
    WHIP

4 hr time limit.

Clock runs from 7 AM eastern til 11 PM eastern. If your up at at 1045 PM. You will have 11 HRs and 45 Min to pick. See 8 hrs of dead clock time. So that will show long on the time clock then. If your up between 11 and 7. You can still make your picks of course

Fantrax will email you when your up. So if you look at your email

You will see when your up. You dont have to look at the fatrax site every few hrs to see if your up

Once PB responds. I am PMing him now

Ill set the draft order and the draft time and the draft room will be open. Ill post here when thats done

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    Originally posted by JonE View Post
    So let me see if I understand this, with a couple of hypothetical examples. Please correct me if any of these is wrong. For all of these, let's assume we are in round 2 on Tuesday. I check in before I go to bed at 10:30 pm (all times EDT), and I see that BERSMR has just picked and Kep is on the clock. He has until 10:30 AM Wednesday.

1. Everyone before me takes 5 minutes. Circle picks at 10:45 PM. I have until 10:45 AM Wednesday.
    2. Everyone before me takes 3 hours and 59 minutes. Kep doesn't pick until 10:29 AM, Cigar doesn't pick until 2:28 PM, Circle picks at 6:27 PM. I then would have until 10:27 PM Wednesday.
    3. Kep takes 2 hours (8:30 AM), Cigar takes 1 hour (9:30 AM), Circle takes 1 minute (9:31 AM). I have until 1:31 PM Wednesday.

Bottom line, if I check in every 3-1/2 hours during the time that the clock is running, I will never miss my turn. Right?

Jon

Ill give you the very simple answer

I set it up that you get email notifications from fantrax. So when you are up to pick. You will get an email from them. So you basically have to look at your email

Leave a comment:

• JonE
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Tom View Post
    One or two guys picking fast isn't a problem. Hell, ALL of you picking in 5 seconds isn't a problem for me since I've got 4 hours to make my selection. But thanks for the warning.
    So let me see if I understand this, with a couple of hypothetical examples. Please correct me if any of these is wrong. For all of these, let's assume we are in round 2 on Tuesday. I check in before I go to bed at 10:30 pm (all times EDT), and I see that BERSMR has just picked and Kep is on the clock. He has until 10:30 AM Wednesday.

1. Everyone before me takes 5 minutes. Circle picks at 10:45 PM. I have until 10:45 AM Wednesday.
    2. Everyone before me takes 3 hours and 59 minutes. Kep doesn't pick until 10:29 AM, Cigar doesn't pick until 2:28 PM, Circle picks at 6:27 PM. I then would have until 10:27 PM Wednesday.
    3. Kep takes 2 hours (8:30 AM), Cigar takes 1 hour (9:30 AM), Circle takes 1 minute (9:31 AM). I have until 1:31 PM Wednesday.

Bottom line, if I check in every 3-1/2 hours during the time that the clock is running, I will never miss my turn. Right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X