X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howie M
    replied
    alright, thanks for the info.
    at work we are in the midst of a MASSIVE tech turnaround, and our email system is a mess and may be for several more weeks. I liked to think of home as an oasis.

if I get stuck, I'll figure out a way back in (temporarily) when I get a chance...

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    That's a function of web browsers, not something we're doing. We set a cookie on your web browser that keeps you log in. It's not permanent, it expires after a certain time period. Not totally sure how much of that is our control vs the browser's, but it's pretty standard practice.

LMK if you need your password reset from this end.

Leave a comment:

• Howie M
    replied
    got logged out of the site (but not the forums) for a month, logged in last week with new password. now I'm logged out again, and it says I have the wrong info.

it's my home computer. why should I have to log in at all, once I'm logged in?

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Sigh, I thought my last change was actually going to help. Sorry... agree it shouldn't work this way.

Leave a comment:

• Howie M
    replied
    same problem just arose again. I guess I have to record my new password when I do it in a place where I can find it. ok, but in a world where dozens of passwords are needed for many people, and where the only site I pay for is the only one that doesn't always remember me - I appreciate the feedback, truly, as well as the efforts. It just shouldn't happen, is all, imo.

#peaceout

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Howie, just made a change to your act that may help with the login persistence. Let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Howie M
    replied
    here's a new one - I could read and write on the message boards but I couldn't read the content until I went thru the whole lost password process again. seems like an odd status to have...

Leave a comment:

• echristian
    replied
    My log in on the site is not a problem for me but this forum is requiring my log in each time I change to a new page! Has to be some weird setting on laptop that has changed possibly with my going to windows 10? I does it in both Google Chrome and explorer. Anyone had this problem and know how to fix?

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    No, coming in the next couple of weeks. Again, no idea if there's a relationship between that upgrade and this behavior.

Leave a comment:

• southphillies
    replied
    Has this upgrade happened? I have spent the last few days having to relog in AND also relog into the forums. This happens multiple times a day for me on different computers. It's getting tiresome and honestly quite annoying. Thanks.

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    We are due for an upgrade to the underlying software that hosts the site. Will see if this gets improved in the upgrade.

I use the site on multiple browsers and never have these issues, at least not of the severity described here. I have to think that browser security settings are a big part of this.

I'll forward this thread to our tech team though. Keep the feedback coming.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    We are due for an upgrade to the underlying software that hosts the site. Will see if this gets improved in the upgrade.

I use the site on multiple browsers and never have these issues, at least not of the severity described here. I have to think that browser security settings are a big part of this.

I'll forward this thread to our tech team though. Keep the feedback coming.

Leave a comment:

• Teddy
    replied
    I'll add another annoyed voice to this. I'm logged into so many other sites without issue but I know that HQ is different from all others for some reason. I even hesitate to use the site on my phone because of the sign in annoyance. I get logged out pretty much every day (the HQ site, not the forum) and Chrome NEVER remembers my username and password. It's obviously the HQ site itself judging from how many people are saying the same thing here. And it's been this way since the new site went live.

Please please fix this...

- a LONG time subscriber (~20 years??)

Leave a comment:

• Phrim
    replied
    Just to add another voice, I find that I'm auto-logged on when I visit the site every day. If I go 2-3 days without logging in, I have to log in again. I'm using a work computer, so effectively this means I log in every Monday. I'm using Firefox.

Leave a comment:

• Whistler
    replied
    FWIW, I have found Chrome to be very flaky in conjunction with Windows 10. Try I/E (Edge) and if it doesnt happen there, its likely a Chrome/Windows 10 issue. A while back I had to go to an independent chrome user group on the web to figure out how to fix my problem, since the official chrome user group wasnt helpful. But I would start with just trying Edge, if you have Windows 10.

Or, the age old remedy, reboot

Leave a comment:

• crotex
    replied
    I have a tough time with staying logged in to the forums

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    Sorry about that, Howie. We haven't done anything about this... can others chime in if this is still an issue? It never happens to me, and having not heard about it for a while, wasn't conscious of the fact that it was still a source of aggravation.
    I have to log in many times during any session. Sometimes every 3-4 minutes. Very frustrating. Using Chrome.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X