No announcement yet.

The New BHQ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just printed today's F/F, no issues.

And we schedule most (but not all) of our content to hit the site at 12:01am.

Comment

• if they post at different times - could the date stamp reflect that? they all seem to have the 12:01 stamp regardless of when they actually show up.

Comment

• could i send a sample of F/F? i dont know what else to check/change on this end - yet you can print np. doesnt make sense ...

Comment

• Originally posted by tallsavage View Post
          could i send a sample of F/F? i dont know what else to check/change on this end - yet you can print np. doesnt make sense ...
          I believe you, but it's not something we're doing on this end. I can't really help you debug your printer's behavior, sorry.

There really isn't much point to the timestamps of the articles, only the date matters. If I had my way, we wouldn't be displaying the timestamp at all. I guess I don't understand what the concern is that you're raising in that regard.

Comment

• it is just frustrating ... some pages print fine, others (F/F) not so much ... then i am back to copying/pasting in to Word to print ... is it my printer (drivers? - dont know, cant tell/troubleshoot) ... it seems to happen on pages where the font size changes in the body of the article

yesterday AM i found, i think 3 new articles dated 2/29/12 12:01 am, and printed
            last night i noticed a new article with a 2/29/12 that wasnt there when i viewed/printed the articles in the AM ...
            so if i hadnt noticed, or not visited the site last night or today, the (4th?) newest article from 2/29/12 would have been missed

Comment

• We release most of our daily content at 12:01am, but occasionally do slip other pieces out during the day. There's no hard-and-fast rule there.

Comment

• and thereby a reason perhaps to have a date stamp for when the article actually appears ... ?

Comment

• One of the things I am adjusting to is that the conversation about an article is now mostly contained within the article, rather than out on the forums. Then if I go early to an article, there is limited discussion, thus I have to go back to the article to see further discussion, without knowing there is something new such as occurs on the forum discussions. Any advice on keeping current on discussions that are going on in the articles, rather than the forums?

Comment

• Whistler - almost every website that lets people comment. Is run this way. If you go to a rotowire by jeff erickson. There will be hardly any comments when it first goes up. A few hours later there will be some more comments and Jeff might explain something further in the comment. This really isnt anything new.

Comment

• Originally posted by tallsavage View Post
                      it is just frustrating ... some pages print fine, others (F/F) not so much ... then i am back to copying/pasting in to Word to print ... is it my printer (drivers? - dont know, cant tell/troubleshoot) ... it seems to happen on pages where the font size changes in the body of the article

yesterday AM i found, i think 3 new articles dated 2/29/12 12:01 am, and printed
                      last night i noticed a new article with a 2/29/12 that wasnt there when i viewed/printed the articles in the AM ...
                      so if i hadnt noticed, or not visited the site last night or today, the (4th?) newest article from 2/29/12 would have been missed
                      I know I'm late getting into this but I have had this problem also.
                      Baseball is like church. Many attend few understand. - Leo Durocher

Comment

• The printing one or the timestamp one?

Comment

• Originally posted by circle360 View Post
                          Whistler - almost every website that lets people comment. Is run this way. If you go to a rotowire by jeff erickson. There will be hardly any comments when it first goes up. A few hours later there will be some more comments and Jeff might explain something further in the comment. This really isnt anything new.
                          Thanks Circle, just because other sites do it this way doesnt answer my question. I guess I am more linear. Was just asking for advice on how to negotiate, other than hijacking an article discussion into the forums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler View Post
                            Thanks Circle, just because other sites do it this way doesnt answer my question. I guess I am more linear. Was just asking for advice on how to negotiate, other than hijacking an article discussion into the forums.
                            Sorry Whistler. I personally don't think it's possible. Would you want an update every time someone commented on an article? Your email would get flooded then. Im not sure that answers your question either. Just my two cents on it. I was using rotowire as an example that's all. Just saying that this isnt a new concept. That's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                              The printing one or the timestamp one?
                              Sorry Ray. The printing one.
                              Baseball is like church. Many attend few understand. - Leo Durocher

Comment

• Weird, I still can't see that. I'll try out of a different browser next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X