Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the "grid" be copied to an excell file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc
    replied
    No problem, hope it helps. The grids are great. Maybe a little obsolete with RotoLab, but still great.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_T
    replied
    Doc, my apologies, you are right - it's the browser. I can use your method when copying from IE, but not from Firefox.

Leave a comment:

• RobR
    replied
    Behavior like this definitely depends on browser and Excel version. In my experience, IE is more likely to paste HTML tables cleanly into Excel than Firefox.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    I don't know what to tell you guys, maybe the brower you use. I have IE as well as AOL. I do this every time.
    1.Left click upper right and hold and drag until all is selected up to last name on lower right ie some RP
    2. go to edit and select copy
    3. go to excel click on upper right grid and select edit and paste
    The grids are mix matched heights and widths
    4.click upper corner box so that entire document is highlighted
    5. Format--Column width---set to 15
    6. Format--Row height--set to 20
    whola. You can set the heights and widths to whatever fits. I then just edit as needed.
    I just did it now.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_T
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Tom, doesn't post #8 say that Doc "just did it?"
    True... but what he said does not work.

Leave a comment:

• Michael@HQ
    replied
    Tom, doesn't post #8 say that Doc "just did it?"

Leave a comment:

• Tom_T
    replied
    No, Paste Special/HTML doesn't work, either. If someone can show me how they did it just now (not last year -- things have changed behind the scenes on our pages, so what worked once might not work anymore), I'd be very interested.

Leave a comment:

• captgus
    replied
    No I think the DOC is on the mark here, as I've been able to do it for at least the past two years. If you copy the entire page starting with R$ and than opt for paste special>HTML it should work. The one caveat with this is that formatting (moving cells and the accompanying player around) can be tricky.

That being said, I've scrapped it this year and switched to manually creating my own so that I can move players around.

Leave a comment:

• RobR
    replied
    Do web queries handle it any better?

Leave a comment:

• teddyballgame
    replied
    no, that doesn't work Doc.

Doing the NL, I get most of my guys grouped under the R$ and DH spots...just a mess.

You given out some BAAAAD prescriptions, Doc!
    Last edited by teddyballgame; 02-13-2007, 10:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_T
    replied
    Doc, I can't get that to work at all. I highlighted the grid from the very first column heading, R$, down to the last name in the last column. A plain paste into Excel definitely does not work at all. A Paste Special, Text sort of works, but the names do not appear in the proper place. For example, Ortiz is listed in the DH cell next to the dollar amount, but the next DH, Hafner, appears under the R$ heading.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    I haven't done it yet this year, but I just did it. Just select upper left corner and select the entire sheet. Don't try "select all" Copy and paste onto upper box of a blank excel sheet. Then just adjust the columns and rows. I usually edit this entire document throughout my pre-season. Adding my own selections, moving them up or down. etc.etc. Until rotolab came along, this grid was the best thing since sliced bread.

Leave a comment:

• Doc
    replied
    If you mean the grid for taking into the draft, i always do it. I forget how, but you just have to adjust the columns.

Leave a comment:

• Tom_T
    replied
    Oh, sorry. No, that grid can't be loaded into Excel properly. It's more of a report than a true grid.

Leave a comment:

• teddyballgame
    replied
    Maybe I was not being clear.
    I am talking about the "draft grid."

Not the page that shows, name and all the BPI information.

I tried this "paste special" when I have the "grid" page on the screen and it does not transfer.

Almost all names end up in the first few cells.

I can copy the full report or positional report correctly, but not the grid.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X