Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayberry Method

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tennessee_ATO
    replied
    I have really warmed to the MM concept this offseason and find that it does an excellent job of making me quit focusing on precise numbers that are about as imprecise as they can be, and focusing on general projections of players. My problem, however, is that my league uses OBP instead of BA. For many players that does not represent a significant change in value, but for others it does.

    I realize that the difference between the "actual" MM Score and what would be ideal for me is likely no more than 10 points in the most extreme cases. That said, those 10 points can be significant when mapping draft strategy. I think the players who will have a disconnect between BA and OBP are easy enough to identify for a manual change on my part. I'm wrestling with the ranges for each value though and can't seem to settle on anything. I'm probably WAY over-thinking the values. Any suggestions/guidance would be appreciated.

    Leave a comment:


  • RAY@HQ
    replied
    Yeah, we can do something like that. Things are crazy right now though, give us some time.

    Leave a comment:


  • brian
    replied
    Is there any way we could get a summary of Mayberry articles on this page: http://www.baseballhq.com/members/ne...ategy/strategy. Or are they somewhere else? I would find it much easier to have these listed somewhere rather than having to search the whole site for the essential Mayberry readings to make sure I understand the whole thing. Thx.

    Leave a comment:


  • RAY@HQ
    replied
    CDG output has always been separated by hitters/pitchers. Not hard to combine them with a little Excel magic, if you feel the need.

    The Forecaster processes are entirely different.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lightning Rod
    replied
    Pitchers separated now

    Ray -- It appears the pitchers have been separated from the hitters in the Custom Draft Guide. There isn't a way to combine the two lists? In the Forecaster the comparison of ADP and actual performance combined them. Was that done by hand?

    Leave a comment:


  • Lightning Rod
    replied
    PD, how about using your considerable talents to do the same thing you did with the reliability grades with the DOM/DIS percentages with Mayberry? It would be very valuable for us head to headers.

    Leave a comment:


  • DAVE@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by PD@HQ View Post
    I'm a rebel!
    But do you have a cause?

    Leave a comment:


  • PD@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Lightning Rod View Post
    ...that Patrick Davitt just wrote about so brilliantly?
    (Blushes) Aw, shucks, t'weren't nuthin'...

    Leave a comment:


  • PD@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    PD's work on Mayberry is separate from the "official" Mayberry list.
    I'm a rebel!

    Leave a comment:


  • RAY@HQ
    replied
    PD's work on Mayberry is separate from the "official" Mayberry list. If you want to pursue PD's approach, you'll need to do it in your own Excel sheet. Sorry about that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lightning Rod
    replied
    Adding reliability to MM

    Thanks for the link to the MM file. Is there going to be a posting of the revised table reflecting the reliability number that Patrick Davitt just wrote about so brilliantly?

    I think it could be the missing part of the puzzle for me. I am in a head to head league and when a player goes south on you recovery is almost impossible. No spike after recovery can bring back any of the weeks lost while he was down.

    I love the new site. It seems as though there is even more interesting and valuable writing than there has been before. Keep it up..

    Leave a comment:


  • RobC
    replied
    How applicable are MM when leagues expand beyond 5X5?
    For example leagues that count holds, quality starts and used OBP either in addition to or in
    place of BA.

    Leave a comment:


  • RAY@HQ
    replied
    I'm not sure if Ron is going to update that static spreadsheet. But MM codes and values are fully integrated into the projections and Custom Draft Guide, so the tools are available to you, updated daily.

    Leave a comment:


  • RobC
    replied
    will there be an update on the MM this month? I have a few drafts in mid and late March

    Leave a comment:


  • RAY@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by JThiher View Post
    I understand the updates to the MM ratings are on the site in downloadable form. I just can't find where that file is located. Can anyone direct me?
    Jim T
    And the MM codes and ratings are in the Stats/Projections file and the Custom Draft Guide.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X